[Pt. 1] -03- 🎶 Last Forever

Start from the beginning

I sat there, still stunned by what I was hearing. Obviously, I knew that at some point I would need to fulfill my military requirement.

I just didn't expect it to happen so soon.

And while I was in love with a man in the room with me.

A man who would also have to leave for two years to serve.

"So..." Yoongi mumbled. I quickly turned my head when I heard his deep, sweet voice. "When do you leave?"

We all looked expectantly at Jin, who was fidgeting uncomfortably in his seat. "They said that since I'm in an Idol group, I could have three months to wrap up any business and—"

"Three months?" Namjoon interrupted with a hiss. Anger flashed across his face as he leaned his head back, fixing his eyes on the ceiling. I watched him for a moment, his jaw clenching and unclenching.

I looked back at Jin, stammering. I couldn't believe we only had three months left together. We've been constant companions for a large part of our lives, and now we were going to be separated for two years. I was doing my best to keep my emotions at bay, but when I saw a single tear slip down Jin's cheek, I couldn't hold back the tears that sprang to my eyes. I jumped from my chair and quickly made my way to Jin, taking him by surprised as I pulled him from a chair and wrapped him in a tight hug. Jin didn't hesitate in returning the hug. That's the thing about Jin. He was always there for us. Always offering a shoulder for us to cry on. Always telling us corny jokes to cheer us up. I couldn't stop the tears as I thought about not seeing of my best friends for two years.

No, not friends.

Brothers.

Jin was my family. This entire group was. I don't know what I'm going to do without them.

I pulled back from Jin and used the long sleeves of my black sweatshirt to wipe my face. Jin comfortingly patted my pink hair as I tried to compose myself.

"Sorry," I mumbled in embarrassment to Mr. Bang and Sejin. I felt awkward for disrupting the meeting like that, but I knew they wouldn't hold it against me. They knew how much we loved each other.

I sat back in my seat as Jungkook rubbed a hand over my back. I gave him a small smile and tried not to think about how I would say goodbye to his bunny smile when it's our turn to leave for service. If I thought about that for too long, I was going to break down again.

"It's okay, Jimin," Sejin said with a compassionate smile. "We knew this news would come as a shock to all of you."

"So, what's the plan?" Our leader refocused his gaze from the ceiling to Mr. Bang, but his jaw was still clenched.

"As I assumed the consensus would be to go on hiatus rather than performing as an incomplete group, I've already starting making plans for a farewell concert." Panic rose into my chest at Mr. Bang's words. A farewell concert? That sounds like we're saying this is the end of BTS. It's not, right? That's the point of a hiatus, to come back after a break, right? Mr. Bang must've seen the panic on our faces. "Not exactly a 'farewell' concert. It'll be more like a... 'see you later' concert," he explained.

"We'll hold a press conference to relay our plans with the public. Your fans love you, and I'm sure they'd rather hear this news from you directly rather than reading about it from a secondary source," Sejin told us. I felt sad again when I thought about ARMY. They've supported us and loved us for years. They were going to be heartbroken to hear we'll be going on hiatus for a few years. I would be worried about our fans losing interest in us while we're gone, but I knew the love ARMY had for us was stronger than that. They would also be supporting us and cheering us on, no matter what. "Over the next few months, we'll be preparing for the farewell— er, the 'see you later' concert. In the meantime, we'll work on getting the six of you scheduled for your military services."