Chapter 19

You feel poking at your side, and turn to find a fully dressed Toby. He doesn't say anything, but reaches a hand out. You stand out of bed, and he walks out. Looking back, he makes sure you're following him closely behind. He walks to the next door, and stops. Toby unlocks a door, and hands you a key. You look at him, mind still groggy from just having woken up, and he, quite aggressively, grabs your hand and slaps the key in the middle, closes your fingers, and stomps off. You look around, a face of confusion and disgust. What was his problem? You shake off the odd feeling, and walk in.

Your first expression is awe. The room was very minimalistic. The bed was grey, with black accents rimming the sides of the pillows and blankets on top. The room had a small desk, a bed, nightstand, closet, and a kicking bag chained to the roof in the corner. You smile, and look around. The closet contained some t-shirts, sweatshirts, a jacket, and some pants. You had shoes at the bottom. It was an average room, but one hundred percent a step up from your previous abode. You waste no time in changing into a t-shirt and some casual pants, even throw on socks. Overwhelming comfort warmed you. It was the little things that helped you get by.

Interrupted by the growl in your stomach, you decide to get in some practice before you scavenge for food. You had been working on punches, so your knuckles were pretty worn out. As you punch the bag with speed and power, the dry skin forming ripped and you had bloody knuckles by the end. It felt satisfying: knowing you could feel powerful like this. A little blood didn't hurt you, and instead gave you more reason to keep going.

Since you only did a few rounds, there was no need to shower again. You peek out of the room, and search your surroundings. You didn't want the same thing to happen. It made you feel powerless, and it brought you back to the mindset you forgot about. Emotionless, zoned out, weak. It was okay though, because he was dead. Maybe nobody else would be around like him. You took a breath, and stepped out. You walk past Toby's closed door, and past the candy one. You instinctively stop, and feel your blood run cold. A sense of panic rose, and you felt like you couldn't breathe. His door was on your left, and you got flashbacks to the time with him. He hadn't gotten far, but it was far enough to trigger you into a zone. The feeling of jelly took over you, and suddenly you couldn't feel anything. You continue on, facing the wall in the far distance. Once you reach the stairs, you bump straight into someone running up. Both you and the other fall, but the one running had fallen back down the staircase into someone else. They, instead of waiting for the pain to die down, immediately begin tackling each other. You rub your head, and look down. It's Toby and someone in white. You see long dark hair, and the feeling returns. How was he alive? His head was beaten in, you were sure of it! You look behind them, and see a couch in which Sally, BEN, and two others sat in.

"You're too protective of someone like them, Toby." His voice brought you back.

"It's none of your business. I kill how I want to kill. In the meantime, my prey stays HERE." You hear a crack as Toby slams his fist into the man's nose.

Sally and BEN are cracking up while the others continue watching on in silence. Was this some type of show to them?

"The Tall Man is just feeling sorry. He knows you're obviously a lonely little virgin who can't go a second without ticking. You're a sorry excuse of a killer, and you know it." your heart rate increases, is it getting hotter?

"He LIKES what they have to bring. You know he has his reasons. And shut UP." He stutters and cracks his neck, leaving an opening for the other man to push him back into the banister.

"Why? Because they bring back memories? Oh Lyra, oh momma, barf. Maybe it's just you getting soft on us, hm? Look at that poor thing, your kill can't even catch a breath let alone bring back a memory so strong. I call bullshit." they stop fighting momentarily to look straight at you, and you start to breath with great struggle.

"Leave them alone. You're just jealous because you couldn't stick your dick up another ass. Go find your own prey, Jeff." he knees him between his legs, and Jeff winces.

"I'll get 'em one day, Tob. You know it. That THING knows it, too." Jeff points at you, and winks.

In your panic, you feel anger rise in your chest again. You stand, and walk down with a sweet, sinister smile. Jeff laughs, and stands.

"What? You want some of this, now? I knew you couldn't resist." he smirks while Toby watches in disbelief.

You run a hand up his chest, and cup his cheek. You giggle, and run the hand back down. He snickers, and reaches up to your face. You make a quick attitude change, your face contorting into anger and hatred. His hand is blocked away, and you scream out when your hand collides with his face. He stumbles back, and you kick his chest. You hear a snarky comment from BEN just as you make another move towards his head. You watch his head whip to the side, and he groans.

Fire burns through you, you hated him. You wanted to watch his life leave his eyes. Why did you want that? He took away your sanity, of course, that was it! You couldn't even think. You just wanted to make him pay. You lunge forward to throw more punches, but arms hold you back.

"Let me go, let me go, let me go! He deserves it. He deserves to die. No, he deserves pain. Lifelong pain. Lifelong pain..." you mumble and slump against the two holding you back.

You roll your head around and back, making eye contact with Masky and Toby. How could they. The pair drag you back into your room and Masky nods to Toby. He leaves you two in there, and Toby just stares at you. You break the silence.

"You shoulda let me at him. I was going to beat him into next year." you glare at him, and sit on your bed.

"You have no ruling over here. You can't do that. All you are is my victim, nothing more, and it should stay that way." he adjusts his goggles.

"If I'm just a victim, then why did you make me sleep in your bed? Or why did you even save me?" you accuse him of everything that confused you.

"I," he stutters, but you're sure it's a nervous one this time, "I can't have you injured. You're my kill. Jeff can't have you"

"Bed?" you raise an eyebrow "and what about that sweet makeout sesh?"

Toby freezes, and you hear him clear his throat. He cracks his neck.

"I, uhm," he scratches his head, and flattened out his sweatshirt. "you should be grateful! I should've left you, yea. I'm still human I have some humanity left, sue me." he stutters in result to his syndrome.

"I am grateful, but being human doesn't mean you need to kiss me back." You cross your arms and smirk.

"...I have needs too. I'm not gonna go around kissing my friends, but there's no harm in having fun while I victimize you." you laugh and sigh, he's a terrible liar.

"If that's true, are you feeling needy right now?" you cock your head, and watch him twitch.

You see him stutter over his words, so you decide to make a move. You make your way over to him, pulling down his mouth guard.

"I'll assume you are, considering how you're at a loss for words," you push his goggles off and throw it on the bed.

He's been staring at your lips this whole time, how subtle. He was so lucky the goggles were on. You chuckle and bring your hand up to his face. He eases into it, and looks into your eyes. Oh, how you loved the sparkle it held when the light hit his brown eyes in the most perfect way. He looks back down to your lips, and fits his own right onto them. You feel Toby trying to hold back a smile, and this gave you a moment of embarrassment. Why were your cheeks and ears heating up? Why did you think of him in such a charming way? He saved you, sure, and he has those eyes, but that doesn't mean a thing. At the end of the day he's here to kill you, but he wants his fun. You can't blame him, you would too. You DO want it. You deepen the kiss, tongue grazing his bottom lip. Toby begins to slip his own tongue in between your lips, keeping himself busy in your mouth. You do the same, your tongues dancing against each other in perfect harmony. His hands grip your waist and tangle in your hair, he was really enjoying himself. Before your hands make it to his hair, he's pulling away. He mumbles something and leaves. What a jerk. Round two with someone really tells you something, huh?