51-Sports Festival pt.3

I looked up to the board where the bracket was displayed, showing who would be fighting who. My first match will be the third one, against Sero from my class.

I looked to see where everyone else had been placed too. Hitoshi was against Aoyama, which means we'd be against each other when he wins.

Bakugou was on the far other side of the bracket from me, so I probably won't have to fight him for a while, assuming he wins all his matches. Some of the other pairings, like Kaminari and Tokoyami, I'm not sure who would win that one but I know Tokoyami's quirk is stronger in the dark. And Bakugou, his first fight is going to be against his friend Kirishima.

This has got to be interesting.

With only a little bit of time before the first match started, someone walked into the waiting room. I looked up and sighed, probably not good news.

"What do you want, Aizawa?"

He shut the door behind him as best he could, still wrapped up in bandages from his injuries at the USJ. He walked over and took a seat across from me before saying anything. He sighed again. "Just checking up on you. I may be just a teacher but I worry about you all," he said. I only stared at him, my silence prompting him to continue. "I know that you're probably sick of hearing it at this point, considering all that you've lost recently, but I want to know if you're okay."

Present Mic started to get the audience excited for the first match between Kaminari and Tokoyami but because it wasn't my turn we both stayed still.

I shook my head. "My father. The symbol of peace. My best friend. They're all gone, so no, I'm not doing great, but I'm gonna get to the bottom of all this."

He sighed heavily again. "I'm sorry, kid. But I don't think there's much to get to the bottom of. Midoriya lost his family, he was stricken with greif and was overwhelmed. There's not much to it."

"No.." There had to be something more. The Izuku I know wouldn't do something so drastic just out of greif and depression. There's something else, something we've all overlooked, and I intend to find out what.

Aizawa stood out of the chair, looking down at me. "Staying stubborn, then?" He started toward the door, "I'm off. You should come support your classmates."

"Yeah," I sighed, standing up. We parted ways as I headed up to the stands where class A would be seated.

"Todoroki, you finally made it!," Yaoyorozu came up to me as I got there.

"Um, yeah. We're you waiting for me or something?" I walked past her and took a seat at the front so I could clearly see what was going on. "How's it been going?," I asked as Momo sat next to me.

"They've been goin' at it like this for a couple minutes," she said.

As Tokoyami looked like he was trying another attack, Kaminari only defended by surrounding himself with electricity.

"Fumikage seems to be looking stamina pretty quickly though," Tsuyu pointed out, leaning forward. I nodded.

Tokoyami stumbled back and nearly fell to his knees as he was off balance. On the edge of their seats, the whole stadium was cheering them on.