31-Living With Villains

Shigaraki groaned as he opened the door. "Midoriya, it's past Midnight," he said, clearly annoyed.

I rolled my eyes and pushed past him, seeing Kurogiri behind the counter and Dabi in the same place he was when I left. I dropped the bag of my shoulder and took a seat against the back wall.

"Sure, Midoriya, come one in!" Shigaraki said sarcastically as he shut the door. "We weren't doing anything at all."

I huffed, resting my arms on my knees in a relaxed position. "I'm gonna join you.." I mumbled, pretty quietly I wasn't sure they'd even heard me.

After a beat of silence, Dabi leaned in the back of his chair. "It's about time," he snickered.

"What made you change your mind, I wonder." Shigaraki asked as he made his way back to his seat.

I scratched at the back of my neck as I picked my words. "I didn't exactly change my mind.. It's more like I just realized what side I was really on. ...I was suspended from UA for fighting Bakugou off campus but I don't really plan on going back there, and my dad pissed me off too." I explained rather quickly.

"Alright then," Shigaraki sighed. "I don't think you should stop going to UA though.. Having someone on the inside could be very useful to us, since our end goal is to get rid of All Might."

I huffed, resting my head in the palm of my hand. "That makes sense.." I muttered though I really didn't want to return to that school. "I won't go back home though, as long as I'm still going to school I'm sure my father won't even notice."

"That's why you brought a bag?" Shigaraki asked, I nodded, leaning back in my seat. "Well you're free to stay here I guess, there's an extra room that way," he pointed to a door across the room.

"Ok." I rested my head against my palm, "When I go back to school I'll have to talk to Todoroki and Shinsou..", I muttered to myself. "Everything sucks."

"Todoroki and Shinsou?" Shigaraki asked.

"I thought you were friends with them," Dabi said before taking a sip of his drink.

"Well I was," I huffed, "but now, they're just as bad as All Might to me."

That silenced the room. I didn't mind sitting in quiet and just stared back at the two waiting for them to speak.

No-one did though, for the rest of the night. The three of us turned to our own activities, I looked through my phone, Shigaraki had a book and Dabi left several minutes later to do who knows what.

A little while later, I went to the back room Shigaraki had pointed to at about two a.m. It was small but acceptable, a twin-bed and small table fit neatly into the corner, a disheveled rug lay in the center and a short dresser against the wall. There was also another door, one slimmer than the main one, that I assumed led to a small bathroom.

There weren't any windows, but considering the place was downtown in an alleyway that fact wasn't too surprising. The light on the ceiling flickered every few minutes, clearly on the verge of going out, and had a yellow tinge to it.

I dumped my bag by the door and found an outlet to plug in my phone before getting settled on the bed.

Then what surprised me, my eyes drifted shut rather quickly and I fell asleep. Peacefully.

--

I was nudge awake and my eyes opened slowly to see Dabi standing next to my bed. I flinched and backed away, my eyes widenning quickly.

He held his hands up, "woah there, didn't mean to scare ya," he said casually.

I shook my head as I calmed down. "No it's fine, I'm just surprised. What time is it?"

"Almost noon, kid," he said, crossing his arms.

"Huh. ...weird.." I put my hand over my mouth, thinking with narrowed eyes.

Dabi left the room, probably uninterested.

I slept well, I don't even remember having a nightmare. Was it just that I'm in a different place. No, I've slept other places before. What could it be..? This isn't right.

"You gonna stay in there all day?," Shigaraki shouted outside the room.

I dropped my hand and got up, walking out of the room to see everyone that was in the bar the first time I was here sitting around the room.

"Wait! Izuku's the one staying here?!" The bond girl shreiked. Toga... I think her name was. She jumoed up and ran over to me with an extreemly excited smile. "Why didn't you guys tell me!?" She turned to Shigaraki and Dabi sitting on the barstools.

"Because uts too fucking early for your shit," Dabi spat.

"Could you be quieter?" I said, agreeing with Dabi but trying to be nicer.

She sulked, loosely wrapping her arms around my neck. " 'zuku do you think I'm annoying too?"

"Um. I'm just trying to think," I pushed her off me, admittedly a bit unnerved.

"That's a yes, Toga. Now shut up," Shigaraki said, she gasped abd I took a seat at the bar next to Dabi, tuning out their banter.

"It's too early to deal with Toga, but its also too early to be thinkin' man," Dabi said to me.

I looked over to him, staring at him intensely, glacing over his features and staring into his eyes. That's something else to think about.

"Dude. What's up," he said, making me realize I had been staring.

"Oh. I was able to sleep last night. It's weird."

"What? Ya' don't sleep well?"

I chuckled. "Heh, no. Not usually, anyway. Because of my quirk, I've always had nightmares, I kinda hate my quirk because of it," I explained the basics. "But that didn't happen last night." Like Ayuka was there, I added mentally.

"Maybe you're just on the right side now." My head snapped toward him, my brows pushed together, confused. "I don't exactly know how it works for you, but before I knew what I wanted in life, my flames burned me a lot. When I had a goal, it made things easier, I had a mindset and I was able to learn how to control my quirk much quicker. It might be why your power didn't target yourself, your head is clearer."

"Huh." I turned back and held my head low. It's a theory, but I don't know how right it is.