One Hundred & Forty Six

Start from the beginning

"But..."  I mumbled.

"Deceit is doing what he thinks is best for Quinn,"  Logan argued.

"But he left while Quinn was unconscious or something,"  I argued back.  "He left without telling Quinn."

"Don't you think if Quinn wasn't happy about it, they'd be back here?"  Logan asked, making me pause.

"You're right,"  I sighed.  "About how far Deceit will go to protect Quinn and make sure he's happy."

"That's all he's trying to do,"  He said.  "He wants Quinn to be happy." 

"But what about everyone else?" I asked. "Virgil and Roman are fighting now because Virgil is angry that Roman aided in giving one of his friends an episode. Evan's sad about it. I miss him."

"You have to remember it's for the best," He mumbled.  "What Quinn needs right now is stability, a calm, safe environment and love, support, and care from Deceit.  Those are things he can't be provided here in the mindpalace." 

"Why not?"  I huffed.  "They have a bedroom here.  They could've stayed in there for however long they wanted and then socialized and ate with us."

"I don't think they wanted their life confined to one room,"  Logan told me, trying to be gentle about it.  "I'm pretty sure once all this is over, Remy and Emile will go back to their home.  Remus quite possibly move in with Evan."

"Why can't we just all be a big happy family under one roof,"  I whispered, the tears returning. 

"Often what we wish for can't happen,"  He said firmly.  "I'm sure they'll visit for holidays and birthdays and just visits in general.  But you can't force all these people to live here with us."

"But..."  I started to say but trialed off.  Logan was right, he always is.

"The mindpalace was built for the four light sides,"  Logan explained.  "Not for the four of us, two of the three dark sides and any trait we're friends with.  Besides, what about the countless other traits living in the trait complex?"

"We don't know them, and not all of them are good traits,"  I said.  "I just want us to all be happy together."

Logan had to response for that.  I turned and rested my head on his chest.  I just cried.  I don't even know why I'm crying but I can't stop the tears.  Logan just rubbed my back gently, holding me tightly while pressing kisses to the top of my head.

"What can I do to make you feel better?"  Logan asked me once my crying subsided.

"Can we bake cookies and take with to Deceit and Quinn?  Just to visit and check up on them."  I asked.  "Everyone could go.  Just like an hour or so, just to make sure they're okay."

"I course Patton,"  Logan said, getting up from the bed.  "Cookies sound like a lovely idea."

I smiled gratefully up at him, wiping the tears away.  I let Logan help me off the bed and out of his room.

We walked down the hallway to the stairs.  I made sure to slip my hand into Logan's.  We headed over to the kitchen but stopped upon hearing someone talking.

Logan and I peeked our heads around the corner.  Remus and Evan were there.  Evan had his pen and notebook, giving Remus worried eyes.  Remus has his arms resting on the counter behind Evan.

"Baby, it's a good idea,"  Remus said.  "It'd keep you safe."

I don't have to be protected.  Evan wrote.

"You've said yourself you like when I baby you and get all protective,"  Remus countered, putting a hand on Evan's hip. 

I do, but you don't have to go this far.  Evan wrote with a sigh. 

"Deceit and Quinn had the right idea,"  Remus said.  "We could just go back to your house and live there together and be safe from Corruption.  Put all this bullshit behind us." 

What's bullshit?  Evan asked.  Remus laughed a bit. 

"What did I say about repeating the words I say that you don't understand,"  He laughed, pecking Evan's lips. 

We can't leave too.  Evan argued once the kiss ended. 

"Yes we can, we have that option,"  Remus begged him.  "Let me protect you."

I don't want to leave yet.  Evan told him sternly.

"You said 'yet'.  Are you willing to leave?"  Remus asked with an excited gasp.

The idea is tempting.  I'd love to just run away with you and leave all this behind, but it's not right.  Evan wrote. 

"Screw what is right or wrong in this situation,"  Remus said.  "All I care about is that I have the chance to take you away from all this Corruption drama and I'd be damned if I didn't take it." 

It feels wrong.  Evan wrote, the worried look in his eyes. 

"Please baby,"  Remus begged, grabbing Evan's hand in his own.  "Buttercup please.  Let's just go back to your house.  Let me protect you from all this."

Evan just started to nod his head 'yes' but I jumped out from behind the corner.  I couldn't help the tears in my eyes or my shaky voice.

"Are you two going to leave is too?"  I asked, the disappointment obvious in my voice. 

"It is a good decision in this situation,"  Remus said sternly, while Evan just looked down in shame. 

"We have to stick together!"  I couldn't help but yell at them.

"That's bullshit and you know it.  This goddamn war against Corruption is a lost cause,"  Remus argued.  "Deceit had it right to take Quinn away from all this."

"He did that because you and Roman kept hurting Quinn,"  I told him. 

"We didn't mean for a joke to go that fucking far,"  Remus hissed at me.  But I could see in his eyes he knew it wasn't taken as a joke and there's countless other times were he's teased Quinn. 

"Regardless, you two can't leave,"  I said sternly, glaring up at Remus.  But Remus let out a laugh. 

"I'd like to see you try and stop me,"  Remus laughed.  He grabbed Evan and pulled him away from us.  Back up the stairs and probably to their room. 

I fell to the ground, leaning against the cupboards.  Logan sat next to me, pulling me into his lap.  I kept mumbling the same thing over and over. 

"Everything is going horribly wrong,"  I cried.