Intransigent | 14

This chapter is dedicated to abbierin for being the 100th vote on this story! Thank you all so much for your support, it really does mean a lot! :)

Chapter 14

Emma's POV

My dad pulled away slightly, looking down at my tear stained face and smiling. "Oh, Emma," he murmured, resting a hand gently on my face. I smiled up at him through my tears and he pulled me back against him, squeezing me tightly.

I was soon pulled away from him by my mom who wanted me to herself, making him growl playfully before kissing her cheek and mine. "My baby!" she sobbed, clutching me to her so tightly it was nearly painful. I didn't care. It was so good to see her again after two years of thinking I'd never see them again.

"Hi, Mom," I whispered against her shoulder, making her sob even harder. My dad wrapped an arm around her and me and stared down at us, happy tears shining in his eyes.

I looked over at Will and Ally and opened my arms. They rushed me, nearly tackling me to the ground. The only thing that saved us was my dad catching us and setting us back upright. It hurt my stomach but I didn't care. Ashton had wrapped so much gauze around me that I knew the stitches weren't in danger of ripping open.

"We were so worried about you, Emma!" Ally sobbed into my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Will asked me worriedly at the same time.

"I'm great now," I told them happily, a few more happy tears dripping down my cheeks.

I looked over to see Ashton, Dane and Rick all smiling broadly as they watched our reunion. They walked over slowly as we all calmed down and controlled our tears. Well, everyone but my mom that is. She was still sobbing under my dad's arm, gripping tightly to my hand.

I watched as my dad's face changed, hardening before he turned to Ashton and said, "Did you say stitches?"

I couldn't help but giggle slightly at how long it had taken my dad to process Ashton's words from before, when he yelled at me to slow down because I had stitches. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy and I just shrugged.

"Daddy, this is Ashton, Dane and Rick," I introduced him. "And these are my parents and my two friends, Will and Ally," I told Ashton, Dane and Rick.

They all smiled and exchanged pleasantries for a moment before my dad said, "I've met Dane and Ashton, but who are you?" He was looking at Rick and I walked over to Rick taking his hand and pulling him closer to my dad.

"Daddy, Rick was a prisoner with me and became my best friend over the past two years. I wouldn't have survived or been able to escape without him."

My dad stared at us in shock before reaching out and dragging Rick into a tight hug. "Thank you for taking care of her," he said to him before releasing him.

Rick nodded, bowing his head slightly. "It was my pleasure," he told my father. "You have an amazing daughter."

My dad looked over at me and a smile slowly grew on his face. "I know."

"Why don't we go inside and we can have a good long talk," Ashton suggested. "We have some news to tell you."

My dad furrowed his eyebrows, looking at Ashton with suspicion. "What news?" he asked.

I grinned at how protective he was. I had missed him so much. "Let's talk about it inside," I told him. "Ashton's got a great living room that we can all sit in instead of standing out here."

"Fine," my dad agreed, not liking to have to wait, even just long enough to reach the living room. "No one ever answered my question about the stitches."