I was also occupied with memorizing everything for tomorrow, the biggest job application I've ever had. To completely focus on that, I desperately tried blocking yesterday's events. Maybe I was being too dramatic.

You know the kind of stress you have before an exam during high school or uni, well I felt it allover again.

The next day arrived quicker than expected and I got up earlier than normal, trying to go through everything again.

I prepared my outfit the previous evening, a regular black blazer with black pants. Then I quickly put my hair in a bun and applied a little bit of makeup. I was intending to give this interview my best.

The next morning.

When I  finally got there on time I was getting more and more eager to go inside. From the outside it was a colossal building with wide, clear windows and fancy people busily running around, wearing expensive looking suits. This environment was extremely overwhelming to me, was I even on this level? Ugh, nerves were playing with my thoughts again and my insecurity kept rising. 

I tried to follow people who were entering, there were too many options to choose from, whether we're talking about the amount of doors or helpdesks. So I walked to the one I first made eye-contact with. "Good morning, how can I help you?" the receptionist asked me.
Even though she was sitting down, I could tell she probably had long legs, because with that model face it couldn't be otherwise.

 "Hi, I'm here for a job interview at 10 am concerning the financial department." Before I could continue she held her finger up and answered the call she just received. "Please excuse me for a second." she said. I smiled, 'excused her finger' and patiently waited while looking around curiously. 

From what I could hear the phone call was very brief and to the point, after which she addressed me with a wide smile again. "You go to the 16th floor, and register yourself there at the central information desk." she said and pointed to the nearest elevator. "Thank you very much." I smiled back.

16th floor, I looked wide eyed at the elevator, not that I was afraid of heights, okay maybe just a little bit. Nevertheless, I was growing more nervous by every passing second.  

Each floor people were entering and exiting, until there were only 3 of us left, they exited at the 16th floor as well and I could clearly see them eyeing me curiously, maybe thinking I was lost or something, but eventually they let it go and went on with their own business. Seems like everyone knows each other really well here, they must see me as some kind of an intruder. 

I walked towards the central information desk just like the lady said after which I was send to the waiting room where I nervously read through the papers I had prepared. Suddenly a woman called for me and guided me through the hallway pointing to a door. I let out a nervous, shaky sigh and knocked as politely as possible before entering. 

Immediately I saw a man, in his early 30's maybe. He stood up and shook my hand. "Good morning, Miss Alverez, Jacob Harrison, pleased to meet you, please have a seat." 

"Thank you" I said with a soft smile. "So, I will ask you a few questions and you get 5 minutes to give your point of view on those particular matters we asked you to prepare beforehand." Right when he said that, I heard a chair squeak and with a startled look I turned around, not expecting anyone else to be there. 

"Please ignore me, go on." he said waving with his hand, of course it had to be none other than Damian Romano. I kept staring at him completely dumbfounded, how didn't I notice him earlier?

"Mr. Romano, I'm sorry for not noticing." I said not sounding very apologetic. He stood up and leaned against the table behind him to eventually look at Jacob, motioning him to continue.