CHAPTER EIGHTEEN (finale).

6 months later
LISA

Endlessly.

Endlessly the pain and the doubt of memories deceived me. My heart was wrapped with ice, cast into the sky for forgiveness. And was it really my fault?

"Baby, why are you sitting here all alone?". Jennie sat down beside me, seeming worried and saddened by my certain silence.

"What's new about my silence?". My question seems sarcastic, but I knew well enough then to ignore Jennie. I've been doing that for a while and I hated the way she hurt.

I'm tired of the hurt.

"Lisa, I know it's hard for you to get over the fact—". I cut her off, "The fact that my fucking best friend is gone? Seems so easy for you Jennie". She felt every word I said, sucking her in slowly.

"You know what?". Jennie stood up, "It's my fault, that I'm sitting here and trying to talk to someone as stubborn as you". With that, she left.

I took a deep breath, I didn't know where my anger came from but it was just there - making me feel stuck with the idea of living somewhere in the future.

Chaeyoung and I had plans.

But life didn't like the idea of letting happiness guide us in life.

I knew I had to move on, but to carry on with the memories and keep them by my side. Loyalty never dies - and I knew that this is life. Life whispers for us to carry on.

I took a deep breath before standing up, taking slow steps to reach my room, only to open it softly and find Jennie sitting in the bed, crying softly. My heart broke at the sight, and I knew it was my fault.

I had to fix it.

I swallowed my ego and sat down next to her. She gave me her back not wanting me to see her, but I've known Jennie for so long. When her tears stream down her face - she would wipe them on her own, because that's how she felt. Jennie felt the need of being strong, but it shouldn't be in front of everyone.

At least not in front of me.

"J-Jennie..". I stuttered, my voice came out soft and low. "Baby?".

"Please talk to me, princess..". I knew the nickname will get to her. She slowly gave in and looked at me but then looked away, tears grazed her cheeks like a little baby. "I-I'm sorry".

Jennie finally fully looked at me, "I'm so sorry for not being good enough". I sighed, "I know that I shouldn't lash at you but I let my anger get the best of me. It's my fault, I didn't mean to make you cry babygirl.. please forgive me". I kneeled in front of her and held her hands on mine.

"Get up, you fool". She softly smiled.

My eyes widened, "What? You forgive me?". Jennie rolled her eyes, "No".

I pouted, as Jennie placed her soft hands on my cheeks and pulled me in for a kiss. She pulled away just as fast to peck them and make me sit beside her. "I'm not crying because of you".

"What?".

"I'm crying in happiness". Jennie admitted, I watched the corner of her lips slowly raise up into a smile.

"B-but wha—".

She slowly lifted a small little device; hCG, which I assume was for a pregnancy test. My eyes widened, jaw dropped as I look at it. I gulped hard and then looked at her. "You're..".