CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

LISA

A broken melody played against my heart, while I stood on my grounds with a gaze full of tears, and unspoken words.

My hands were shaking, as they lowered Chaeyoung's casket to the ground.

Memories took over my eyes, as I blacked out with the sound of an angel exiting the earth, leaving to heaven with a vibrant smile.

I closed my eyes, my knees and body becoming weak as I crashed into the ground, with the sound of my heart, beating so fast.

Another angel whispering; "Lisa, p-please wake up". Jennie begged.

Flashback On

"Lisa-ya why are you so damn dramatic?". Chaeyoung's angelic voice altered me, as she threw popcorn at my surprised face.

I looked at my side, only to meet her pink cheeks, "Why are you so chubby?". I asked and pinched her cheeks. "Yah! These cheeks make me look so pretty you see?". She sassed.

My heart fluttered, I wrapped my arms around her instead and started to cry in her chest. "What's wrong Lisa-ya?". She caressed my hair as I cried harder into her chest.

My eyes becoming more blurry, as tears streamed down my face.

"Why am I such a crybaby Chaeyoung?". I cried harder into her chest, letting my chest clinch with the tightness against my heart.

A soft giggle escaped her lips, making me pull away, to look back at her, the eyes of the angel pulling me like the caring person she is; "Crying doesn't mean you are weak".

She wiped my tears away, "And crying certainly, isn't for the weak".

The gentleness in her voice washed away my worries and all of my insecurities.

With every blink of an eye, she faded away.

And away..

Flashback End.

-

"Lisa..?". Someone gently shook my shoulder, I opened my eyes in panic. Meeting the brown soft eyes I grew to love. Jennie. Jennie's eyes met mine in ecstasy.

"How are you feeling young lady?". A man's voice echoed through the room.

I moved my head to the side, seeing the doctor eye me with worry as his lips traced a gentle smile.

But how did I feel? I felt nothing.

Funny, how my everything became nothing. The melody inside my chest, felt like bricks. A thousand dead roses, planted at the bottom of my heart, while I try to escape, try to reach the one rose that is alive up in the sky.

"D-doctor, why isn't she speaking?". Jennie squeezed my hand, letting our hands intertwine, while I stared at the white wall.

"She's still under the state of shock Miss Jennie, please don't worry". He answered.

"Will this be permanent?".

I could sense and feel the worry in Jennie's eyes, but my thoughts, my mind, and heart only broke even more apart when my soul came to remembrance, Chaeyoung is gone.