CHAPTER NINE

LISA

Walking back to Jennie's suit made me feel a daze inside my heart. Everything inside of me shrieked with the woman walking beside me. Everything about her marks my heart as hers. All of a sudden, my eyes trailed to her sideways. My hands wanted to reach for her hand and to maybe hold her like there was hope for us in the mere future. But it all came crashing down to my hopeful eyes.

Jennie used her card key as the door clicked, opening slowly as she let me in.

I licked my lips and sealed through the big living room. All tidy and clean as every hotel service, occupied to those rooms.

"So what's your plan for the day?". I asked and plopped on the huge, soft sofa.

"Oh, I don't know. It seemed to me that you already had plans Lisa-ya". Jennie quirked her words and trailed one of her hands on the kitchen island, meanwhile the other one was softly caressing her locks.

"Plans? With who?". Confusion portrayed me.

"Sehun, don't you have his number? It seemed to me like you both were on some ideal, plans". The woman then walked slowly, to sit next to me, as her hair caressed her face like a mad maniac.

"He's just a friend-".

Jennie cut me off, "A friend? He has been eyeing you like a freak out there Lisa!".

"I don't understand Jennie".

"What don't you understand Lisa..?". Jennie's eyes met mine once I started to fuel up with the same irritation she was, all of a sudden feeling.

"You are speaking nonsense". I got up from the couch but then the stubborn woman, grabbed my wrist to face her while standing up as well.

"All I'm speaking is sense Lisa. I don't want you to get hurt by anyone". Sincerity appeared in Jennie's eyes as she spoke, but I felt the pity. All of the emotions of caring didn't affect the hurt inside my heart by her voice, "I don't want him to date you - and then break your heart as if you mean nothing-".

I pushed her hand away from mine slowly, feeling my fingers touch her soft skin, made me crumble with her welcoming eyes.

"Jennie, you should understand that no one was able to break my heart as you did".

The blunt woman's eyes then poked to the side as I spoke, "Jennie.. fun doesn't hurt. But what hurts is my feelings. My dumb heart..".

Her eyes snapped back to meet my teary ones, and pain could just come back, just like that.

"W-what do you mean your feelings?".

"It's just I-". Her phone's ringtone came off short, cutting me off from whatever I was tending to say to the older one.

Jennie took a deep shaky breath before answering. "H-hello".

Her eyebrows then etched together as she rubbed the place in between them, "Yeah, I've texted you about meeting up".

She then giggled, "Yeah babe, you are in Paris though, so that we will make for that up". Jennie turned her gaze to my well-built expression before speaking again, "But are you up for it?".

Once hearing the pet name, that belonged to her only existing lover, my whole body shivered with her words and pierced eyes.

"Okay, I will meet you there. Goodbye". She hung up after her small encounter on the phone with a smile.

This what truly makes me mad - sad and hurt. Jennie literally gets mad over me having a guy friend than actually seeing my obvious feelings for her. So blunt and harsh, for reality to come up with the idea of loving someone from a distance.