CHAPTER SEVEN

LISA

Through the car ride, I got to think about how to keep my mind under the anxiety that craved my whole body. I didn't know what felt right and what to believe anymore.

I parked near the huge building and made my way over to the building with a huge sigh.

"Hello, may I help you, ma'am?". The receptionist asked once I was in sight.

"Uh yeah, I came for a job interview". I answered her with unease.

"What's your name ma'am?".

"Lisa. Lisa Manoban". She looked in between her computer and me with raised eyebrows. She slowly trembled under my gaze, "I'm so sorry ma'am. I didn't know you were the photographer Mr. Jon assigned for our next photoshoot".

I shrugged it off as she beamed a professional smile at me and commanded, "Follow me".

I did as told and followed her into the elevator.

-

She turned in the right direction as I followed her into the photoshoot. My breath hitched in my throat as I saw a model with a white outfit, that showed her back and stomach perfectly. She was smiling at the camera, as the cameraman kept on instructing her. "Yes, be a bad girl".

"All done Ruby". He husked and licked his lips as I was struck with the sight of Jennie in a Chanel white sport's bra, and white pants. It made my eyes buckle with my growing feelings.

She rolled her eyes at the guy who kept on looking at her, and then stopped in her tracks once she saw me.

"Lisa?".

"Hey, Jennie". I husked as she smiled and then embraced me.

I hugged her back enough to smell her strawberry scent. I looked down and then checked her out. "You are looking, miss". The annoying cameraman glared at me.

Indeed, I'm looking.

Jennie pulled away and turned to him, "Paul, don't put your nose on everything". She glared back as he huffed and looked at his camera. I smiled in victory.

"Miss, won't you follow me?". The receptionist asked. I mentally facepalmed myself and apologized, "My bad".

"Where are you going with her?". Jennie crossed her arms and asked with an unreadable expression. I switched my eyes between her and the receptionist, who awaited me patiently.

"The job interview-". I tried to say but the receptionist stopped me, "It's not really an interview. But more of a question by a question thing that Mister Jon will do".

Jennie nodded and pushed me forward with an evil smile, "Don't be late Pokpak".

My heart jumped at hearing my childhood nickname. I faintly smiled and pulled myself together and gave her a nod before following the other woman.

-

"Have a seat Miss. Manoban". The CEO flashed a smile to me as I awkwardly sat in front of him. "So tell me more about you".

I chuckled, "There isn't anything interesting about me sir. But all I know is that I do my job with patience, I work hard, and earn what's the best for the company I work for".

He nodded and proceeded with asking, "What kind of gear do you use?".

I bit my lip in thought, "Camera body, Lens, Tripod, And Filters".

The old man clasped his hands together, "In the field, what are your settings?".

"Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO— White focus, but sometimes I prefer the Focus, to be Manual or Auto. Last but not least the image format". I answered genuinely as he smiled.