Selfish

45k and #2 in taekook... thank you so so so much.

.
.
.

Third Person View

"I-I. Baby, I-"

"I know it has been bumpy for the past few months. But please, j-just wait a little more and it'll be just you and me a-again. Please, baby."

"Wouldn't you want t-to love with your child, Kook? Watch him grow up?"
"O-of course, I do. But I also want to grow old with you. Okay? So please. I'll figure it out, just— please, don't leave me."

"You're hurting both of us, Kook. B-but you have to pick, just one."
"T-then I pick you."
"No. Kook. You don't want that."
"Yes. I do. I want you."
"And you want your baby. I don't want to be a family wrecker."

"You aren't. You are family, Tae. You're my family, t-the baby will just be a new addition!"

"U-unless you don't want the baby. I understand. But please, I'll f-figure this out."
"Soon, Jungkook."
"I promise."

Jungkook leaned down to kiss the crown of Taehyung's head.
"I'm sorry, baby." He whispered.

Taehyung pulled away form Jungkook's soft grasp.
The raven sighed before going back to bed as well.

He turned sideways to face his husband, who turned the other way in response.
"Love you, Tae."
Taehyung didn't respond.

——

The next morning, Jungkook woke up a bit earlier than usual. He cooked Taehyung a nice breakfast, leaving it in the fridge for him to eat when he wakes up. He made Maddie an omelet, she was probably sick and tired of eggs, but she was the one who wanted to buy 4 cartons of them.

Jungkook went back upstairs after cooking, showered and gave Taehyung a longing kiss on the forehead before leaving for work.

Now, Maddie.

She woke up a bit after Jungkook had left. Her face was puffy and her eyes were red. She cried the night before.

She dreamt about the times Jungkook would lull her to sleep while carding his fingers through her hair. She also dreamt that maybe when the child is born, things would go back to the way they were.

She would do anything to get Jungkook back.

She went downstairs to find something to eat, scowling when a ready-made meal was in the fridge but it wasn't for her.

Good morning, Taehyung.
May this be a peace offering for my idiocy. I'm sorry,my darling. Love you~

Maddie pouted before putting it back inside the fridge.
Her eyes prickled with tears, her bottom lip juttered. She felt like crying but the feeling of something climbing up her throat was overpowering. She ran back upstairs to the bathroom and puked out all of the contents that were in her stomach the day before.

"Shit,—"
She muttered, her throat hurt, her stomach felt like there was a tornado in there.
"Maddie?"

She turned to see Taehyung, standing by the doorway.
"Do you need water?"
Taehyung was the last person she wanted to see right now.
"No."
"Medicine?"
"Just leave me alone."
"I'm just trying to help you,—"

Maddie got up, flushing the toilet before turning ng to Taehyung.
"If you really wanted to help, you would let me have Jungkook. But no, you're a selfish brat that gets everything he wants."

"You don't have to remind me, Maddie. I know. And you shouldn't be telling me this. Tell, Jungkook because in the end, all we want is his happiness, right?" Taehyung asked, tilting his head in mockery. Because in reality, he'll give up Jungkook to anyone if it meant the latter was healthy and happy.

Maddie rolled her eyes before leaving the bathroom and shutting the door to her room.

She collapsed to the floor, crying.

"I gave you my everything. Let me be selfish for once. P-please."