Peach

I woke up and saw a comment that said I was #2 in Taekook..wow....thank you,everyone. This book wouldn't even exist without all of the readers. So this is not only a celebration for me but for all of us!!!!

Third Person View

Taehyung woke up at around 2, throat dry and scratchy. He glanced at Jungkook who slept on his side, a hand loosely on his own hip, the other bent under his head.

Taehyung got up and groggily walked downstairs, head still spinning, body weak and temperature high.
He saw a lump on the couch and ignored it, walking into the kitchen to grab a couple of bottles of water.

He sipped on one when he stood in the doorway on the kitchen.
He heard tiny sniffles coming from the couch.

He walked closer and looked down. The figure was shaking, sniffles and cries came from it.
He purses his lips and lightly put a hand on what he assumed to be Maddie's shoulder.

"Maddie, are you okay?"
Maddie got out from the blankets and like he presumed, she was crying.
"I'm fine." She said sternly.
"Do you want something to drink? Or eat?"
She sat up and turned to Taehyung with her bloodshot eyes.

"Stop acting to be nice. Stop pretending like you care. Because you don't."
"Maddie,—"
"No, Kim. You got everything you wanted since birth. My everything was Jungkook and you took him away from me."
"I never told him to leave you. He did that on his own—"

"But you lured him. Knowing that he was mine." She said, slowly standing up.
"Maddie, please. I'm really sick. I have a headache and I've already thrown up thrice within the past 24 hours. I don't want to fight with you. Especially at a time like this."

"You don't understand, Taehyung. Jungkook was all I had. My only thing to live for and you snatched him away from me."

"Maddie,—"
She glared at him as Taehyung leaned on the couch.
"Fine. I'll be the mature one." He turned around to walk back upstairs.
"I'm not done talking to you."
"Yea? Well, I am."

Taehyung walked to their room. Exhausted. He locked the door and saw Jungkook laying on his back. He climbed on top of him and pouted, leaning down to kiss his lips.
Taehyung nibbled on Jungkook's bottom lip, like how a bunny would wither a finger.
"This is rape."

He looked up and saw Jungkook's eyes slightly opening. Hands were now firm on his hips as Taehyung pulled away.
"Sorry. Did I wake you?"
"I don't mind." Taehyung nodded before nuzzling his face in the crevice of Jungkook's neck.
"Why were you awake?"
"Just wanted some water."
Jungkook nodded and pulled Taehyung closer.

Maybe Maddie was right.

──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ──────

They fell back to asleep after a small conversation but Jungkook ended up waking up early anyways.
He went downstairs, partially glad to see a folded blanket with a pillow sitting on top on the couch instead Maddie.

He went in the kitchen and decided to make breakfast for Taehyung.

He prepared bacon, a hash brown, and an açaí smoothie bowl.
He placed the items on a tray and walked up the stairs carefully. He placed the tray on the nightstand and walked over to Taehyung's side of the bed.

"Baby Peach,—"

"I made you breakfast."
Taehyung groaned and turned the other way.
"My baby dumpling, munchkin, baby berry." Jungkook cooed as he lifted up Taehyung's shirt and blew raspberries into his tummy.

"Kookie~" He sang, voice hoarse and choppy but it still sounded beautiful.
"Made you breakfast."
"Thank you." Taehyung said, eyes still closed.

"Aren't you going to eat it?"
"Can you help me up?"
Jungkook pushed his back up and made Taehyung lean on the headrest.
He pressed the back of his hand against his forehead and frowned.
"You're still hot. I have to wash you down with a cloth."
"No. I don't like that." Taehyung pouted.
"I have to, baby. Take your medicine after you're eating."
"M'kay." Taehyung said with a pout.
Jungkook kissed his forehead before going to the bathroom to get a wet cloth.

Taehyung was finishing up his food when Jungkook came back from downstairs, he needed to get water for Taehyung.

"Don't you have work?"
"I'm not going,—"
"Kook,—"
"It's final, Tae."
Taehyung sighed but nodded before taking his medicine.
"Come, Tae."
"But it's so cold, Koo."
"The water is warm. It's just cold because of your fever."
Taehyung whined as Jungkook wiped him down, shivering when the cloth went under his shirt.

"Ish cold."
"I know, baby. It's almost over."
Jungkook did his back before letting Taehyung lay back down and he had to admit that he felt better.
"Where's Maddie?"
"She left."
Taehyung nodded, not mentioning their encounter last night.
"May I ask you something?"
"Of course."

"Why did you break up with Maddie?"
"Are you sad that I did?" Jungkook asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Just curious."
"Oh, well. The main reason, I was tired of seeing her getting hurt and being in the middle of everything. She didn't deserve that. And I don't know, I felt rather closed off from everything. Like all I saw was her. No one else, nothing else. Never even acknowledged that my mother was getting abused by my father."

"Abused?"
"Not physically. Mentally. He doesn't really care about us and he has no problem showing it.

"But with you. I feel more open. Maddie closed my eyes with her own hands so all I saw was her. You opened my eyes and held my hand. I will forever be grateful for that."