Don't Hit People!

Officer Edit "Eddie" Janko was, in a word, pissed. It seemed like the whole world was out to get her while she endured the torture every woman endures- her period. She focused on the small little tear in the rubber tubing of the RMP. Maybe if she focused on something, she wouldn't chomp her partner's head off.
"Why so quiet?" Officer Jamie Reagan wondered, looking to his partner.
The dusty blonde sighed and wiped her forehead, "I just got nothing to say..." she shrugged, hoping Jamie would leave it at that- but he didn't, of course.
"Well, why not? I usually have to practically beg you to stop talking!"
Eddie huffed our a breath, "can we just not talk about it?"
Jamie frowned, hearing the crack in his partner's voice. "Okay, but I am your partner; if you need to talk...."
She managed a smile, "thanks, Reagan. But I'm okay."
********
"I hate domestic disturbance calls," Jamie griped, "it's always a he said-she said."
"Tell me about it." Eddie rolled her eyes, wishing she was on her couch, watching CHiPS, drinking. She'd never admit to watching that (or that she had the entire series on dvd), but it usually made her smile.
The police officers waited, and, having heard signs of possible distress, entered the apartment.
"Hello? Police!" Jamie cautiously looked around the corner, as did Eddie.
"Hello! Anybody home?!" Eddie rounded the corner, and got hit in her lower abdomen- hard. She let out a yelp, involuntarily clutching her stomach.
"Eddie?" Jamie wasn't sure if he had phrased her name as a question or not.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" She yelled at the male, yanking his bat away. "Don't you know it's not nice to hit people!"
"I-I'm sorry, I thought you were my wife." The man apologized.
"Oh, like that's much better," Eddie said, her voice thick with sarcasm. "Not only are you under arrest for assaulting your wife, now you're under arrest for hitting a police officer." She forcefully turned him around, and cuffed him. Tanking him to where Jamie was, she proclaimed, "let's get this skumbag to the station."
Jamie nodded, "is your wife here?"
"No, she left." The man answered, wiggling in Eddie's tight grip.
"Let's go." She pushed him out the door.
Jamie couldn't ignore that he saw tears in his partner's eyes. He didn't want to ask, but he wondered if she was on her period. She had been practically thrown across a room before , and hadn't shed a single tear.
*********
"Hey, why don't you start processing this guy? I've got one thing to do first." Jamie hopes Eddie would agree.
"Sure. But hurry."
"I will."
Eddie mumbled about leaving everything to females, then got started on the paperwork. All she really wanted to do was cry, but she knew she had to chug along.
A few minutes later, Jamie came back, wondering how he was going to explain to his partner how he knew she needed chocolate. He walked up to their desks and awkwardly placed the chocolate package on her table.
"What's this?" She raised her eyebrows.
He shrugged, "just a thank you for being a good partner."
She raised an eyebrow, "you can totally tell I'm dying inside, can't you?"
Jamie blushed slightly and scratched the nose of his neck. "Yeah."
Eddie nodded, moving her swivel chair a little. A small smile appeared, "thank you."
"You're welcome."
Silence hung in the air, until Eddie broke it. "Reagan?" He looked up. "Thanks for lying and not being a jerk about it."
"You're welcome. But I wasn't totally lying." He paused, seeing her face scrunch in confusion. "You really are a great partner."
"Thanks. You too." It was Eddie's turn to blush. And that was the moment she knew she and Jamie were going to be best friends.

A/n
This is actually my first time writing a Jamko fic that is all my own, not taken from the show and expanded upon. I hope I did them justice!
As always,
Happy reading