Chapter 23: Mine

Authors Notes: two more chapters to go. Thanks so far for reading...those who actually are. So far its just one person reviewing and I donno. Maybe I'm just writing this for that one person. SO thank you for reading.

Please read and review

Paradise

Chapter 23

Mine

Ronin was pissed. There was nothing that was going to hold him back now. Bao had hurt Jannah, his Jannah. He wasn't going to allow that to happen again. He stopped at the entry hall and looked on at Lloyd, and the other ninja who were talking to the steward. A sheet of paper in his hand. Lloyd looked up at Ronin who was easily a foot taller then himself.

Lloyd could tell Ronin was tired, and something must have hurt him a lot. The missing arm, and the blood still caked to his cheek from laying on a puddle of it that came from his mouth.

"Ronin what happened?" Lloyd asked putting the paper back down on the table.

"This Emperor...he tried to kill us...stabbed Jannah." The ninja all began to talk at once. Ronin held up his hand and shook his head.

"She's fine. We were able to stop the bleeding. Dareths with her now hiding." He told them.

"We've had a feeling this emperor was trying to lead us on a wild goose chase for some time so we've been hiding out close by just in case something happened." Cole told Ronin. Nya ran a wet cloth over Ronins cheek. She didn't seem to happy about it, but it needed to be done.

"So what are we gonna do Lloyd?" Ronin growled. "I want to ring that Emperors scrawny little neck...but I need two hands for that." He ran his good hand down his face and started to walk back and forth.

"Stressing about it won't help." Zane patted the mans shoulder. Ronin knew the nindroid was right. But what was he going to do?

Dareth sat under the dining room table. The table cloth reached the floor so they didn't easily see them. Jannah lay in his lap, he held her close to him gently rubbing her arm reassuringly. Her eyes were slightly opened. She was aware of the surrounding area they were in. He couldn't tell just how awake she was without shaking her out of her place he had her nestled in. He watched as the guards circled the room once more. His large hand pulling her closer and leaning over her small form. He dwarfed her incredibly with his form.

Jannah didn't mind that Dareth held her, he was so much softer then Ronin. She imagined he'd be a great hugger. She felt him hold her a little tighter. She could hear his hiss of fear as he leaned over. They could hear the guard talking to his partner.

"I mean seriously. You'd think the boss would take us a little more seriously. I mean we are guards, we have swords and we've got...um..." The guy looked at his friend who was just nodded.

"I know right!" He didn't even let his buddy finish.

"If we could find these two we'd be seen as heroes!"

"I know right!" They left the room. Dareth sighed with relief as he lay Jannah down onto the floor. He could see her dress down. Along one side it was covered with dried blood and the soft silk now felt like crumpled up paper.

"Are you breathing alright?" Dareth asked. He had to take the Oxygen mask off when they had to run.

"I'm alright." She whispered looking up at him tiredly. She wished she could just fall asleep. But that wasn't going to happen right now.

"You'd figure they'd learn to check under stuff, but I'm glad they didn't." Dareth told Jannah. She felt him take her hand in his large ones. Three of her hands could fit into his one. Two of her fingers could fit in one of his.

"Wow you have small hands." He whispered. She blushed looking at her hand. They were so small, although her nails looked horrible. Probably from her time in the mountains. They looked worse before the manicure.

The door was kicked inward.

"What do you mean you couldn't find them anywhere? They couldn't have just left the palace you twits!" The General barked at his two guards. This place doesn't look searched at all! Did you even look?!" Oh no...this was bad. Dareth pulled Jannah to him again and he began to back up as the General began to kick over table after table. They were going to find them, they had no chance to escape. This was it! The table was kicked over. Dareth looked up at the general who looked back down at them. A golden tooth shining down at them.

"Hello...your highness..."