Chapter 14: Uh...

Authors Notes: Day late cause I forgot lol. My bad.

Sorry I don't have any art for this fic...its kind of an independent one. I'm writing it on my own.

Please read and review

Paradise

Chapter 14

Uh...

Jannah ran down the hill toward the men. One had an arrow in there hand. The grass and sticks lying on the ground at his feet. She was angry. Ronin could tell from where he ran behind her. She at least didn't fit another arrow. The guys turned to look at her. Both began to run back into the woods. She dropped the bow and grabbed hold of the man's hood and threw him to the ground. Hitting his face. It wasn't much of a hit. But the guy was crying as she did. Much to Jannah's amazement, it was a boy about her age. She slowly climbed off him and glared at the man who just laughed.

"Do you think this is funny!" Jannah jumped at the sound of Ronin's booming voice. The valley caused it to echo in the wind. The boy jumped up holding his face. A hole in his hand. "Take your son and go...or you'll end very badly." Ronin said taking Jannah's hand and steered her back toward the den. Ronin shook his head looking at it. Jannah knew better, she really did. But she had to check.

"I don't see a second." Ronin stuffed his hands in his pockets. Jannah turned to look at him.

"Whats that supposed to mean?" She asked looking into the fox hole seeing a light at the end. She gasped.

"A second fire." Ronin told her. Jannah stood up and ran down the back of the hill. She peeked into the hole seeing tracks in the snow that seemed rushed. "Meaning...they got away princess." Ronin stumbled back and sat on the snowy ground. Jannah had her arms wrapped around his middle.

"Hey what's that for?" He patted her head. She shook her head.

"Relieved...that's all."

Drip...

Jannah flinched in her sleep. Slowly rolling over stuffing her head under the bear skin blanket that was wrapped around her.

Drip...

She flinched again when another drop hit the back of her neck.

"Ronin...stop...s'not funny." She mumbled in her sleepy state.

Ronin removed his hat and looked at her.

"Wassamatter?" He mumbled.

Drip...

The drop hit the floor and echoed throughout the cavern. He slowly looked up and smiled.

"I guess...its time to go princess." He said rubbing her back. She turned over and mumbled something. "What?" Ronin asked.

"I'm sleepy though...humans can hibernate if they wanna. Not just for bears...and opossums, and skunks, and...and...poofs..." What was a poof? Ronin just dropped it down to her not being able to figure anything else that hibernated. He just sighed and rubbed her back again. She turned over fast and grabbed his arm. Now using it for a pillow.

"Hey...that's my arm not a pillow." He gasped. "Don't drool on me!" to late...

A loud yell echoed throughout the cavern scattering bats, birds, and mice around the area.

"I said I was tired..." Jannah mumbled as they walked through the mountain pass. The thickest clothes on with a bear skin draped over there shoulders for added warmth.

"That was gross...there are reasons why I never had kids." Ronin growled. Jannah hated to see him angry.

"I'm sorry." She poked her bottom lip out. Oh no...those eyes. They were cute looking at him. Bright almond colored eyes.

"Ah stop it...okay. I'll forgive you. Just stop with the looks...guh...I've gone soft for ya kid." He bumped her gently. She giggled and ran ahead.