Chapter 20: Tears

Authors Notes: Whooooo two chapters in one week :D. Whoevers wishing for these chapters keep it up.

Please read and review

Paradise

Chapter 20

Tears...

Jannah had called the number she was painstakingly supposed to remember to use once she was near the castle. She sat in the car that belonged to Dareth. It wasn't much. Actually it looked like he had been in a few wrecks. Dareth sore that they weren't wrecks. It's just what happened when things attacked Ninjago. For some reason Jannah decided to believe him after a few stories that she had been told. Especially the huge titan of a rock man that went through and destroyed a lot of it after her brother the previous Emperor had passed away.

~Tap tap~

Someone knocked on the window. Jannah looked around at the fact that she hadn't even noticed the car being surrounded. The people seemed a but...oddly dressed for the spring. Dareth stepped out of the car.

"Lloyd!" He took the guy dressed in green hand and shook it rather hard.

"So this is her? We had been told she'd been found?" Lloyd asked peeking into the car. Jannah turned her head away from the window. She felt a hand on her chin. She looked up at Ronin who pulled down her cloth over her face. He could barely make out the face on the other side.

"You're a princess again remember that?" He told her. "Sit up straight, square those shoulders, and hold that head up high. Just like I taught you." He told her. She nodded and slowly got out of the car. A hand was held out by the one wearing black. Jannah took it, feeling the gloved hand under her own. Her light foot falls were what she heard next.

"We'll be escorting you to the castle princess." He told her.

Jannah gasped realizing she would be riding in the flying ship. She took the one in whites hand and slowly walked up the steps toward the upper deck.

"There's more than six?" she spotted Master Wu who watched from a small spot in the center of the ship. A small table in front of him and a few cups were placed before him by another of the ninja.

"I am Sensai Wu." He told her. So this was their teacher? She turned to look at Ronin and Dareth who walked up beside her. This was going to be a long day.

The gates were huge, she had never seen such big doors before. The doors in her tiny temple were mostly wood and paper and they slid over. Most men had to duck to get through. But this almost seemed like they were trying to hide something within. Something huge. She scoffed.

"Trying to keep my brothers big ego in there I see..." She heard a snort, Jannah turned ever so slightly to see the one wearing a burgundy, and light blue gi. She looked at her the one in blue. You could tell she was smiling. Her eyes had a sparkle to them.

Jannah stepped within the castle. The maids, and nurses walked through the entry hall. Some whispering, others saying she was a ghost. She knew they probably thought she had died some months back from the attack, or the harsh winters. She stopped just outside the throne room. Two guards opened the doors and bowed to her respectfully. Jannah turned to look at Ronin. She noticed the Ninja stayed back in the entry hall. Dareth stay a few feet away.

"I guess this is goodbye." Ronin said. Jannah suddenly realized this too. There was a man off to the side with what looked like a huge bag of gold. Of course...his payment. It was what he had been working so hard for...right? She walked forward and hugged him. Ronin put his hands up for a moment. He hadn't expected it. He sighed and let his hands fall to her shoulders. But he felt the emotions well up and he put his arms around her hugging her tightly.

"Remember me once in a while...alright?" He whispered to her.

"Always..." She told him. They pulled apart and smiled at one another. Although Ronin could see hers. He knew it was there.

"Go on then Princess...go be an Empress." He told her. She walked forward and into the throne room. The doors closed behind her. She couldn't look back, not now.

Ronin stopped and looked around at Dareth. His heart sank. Dareth was limp in a man's arms. A cloth over his mouth.

"So you are the one who had been taking my little sister around Ninjago?" He snapped his fingers. The bag of treasure was poured out onto the floor. Ronin reached down trying to catch it. The sharp pain in his gut said he wasn't going to get it. They kept kicking him, punching him, pulling at him. His cybernetic arm popped and sparked. It stopped working. Everything hurt. He rolled onto his back and looked up.

"She is no longer your concern Ronin." He kicked Ronin right in the head. He saw colors and he was pretty sure he could taste them too. All at one time.