Chapter 18: Brown Ninja Elvis Guy

Authors Notes: Yes they are doing that in the bathroom. Also Ronin needs a break...poor guy lol. Also if you like Scruffshipping I totally recommend reading 'Pretty Penny Tavern' on AO3. Incredibly adorable fic.

Please Read and Review

Paradise

Chapter 18

Brown ninja Elvis guy

"Are you crazy!" Dareth tried to sound concerned as he lead Ronin into a room above Laffy's. He had been renovating it for an inn. It looked good, but unfinished. Dareth pulled out some cloths, and a towel holding it out to Ronin.

"Its a job Dareth...I got paid half already. Money's still at my place in Stixx. I ain't crazy to take it with me. I get another bag of gold when I deliver her to the people at the castle." He whispered to Dareth. Dareth hummed and leaned against the wall in the bathroom watching his boyfriend pull off his cloths and climb into the bathtub.

"Alright, but...don't do anything stupid cause..." He blushed sitting on the floor.

"You worry?" Ronin put his arms on the edge of the tub his cheek resting on his knuckles. "You're cute when you worry though."

Dareth looked back down at his feet as he sat on the floor.

"Yeah well...you worry me a lot so I must be fucking gorgeous." He mumbled. Ronin laughed dunking himself in the tub. Water splashing the floor. Dareth stood up not wanting to get his Gi wet. He cried out when Ronin jumped from the water and pulled Dareth in with him.

Jannah opened her eyes hearing the splash and the giggling. She could smell the fresh paint, and the brand new wood smell within her room. She looked around at the large window.

She looked outside seeing the modern look of the city. The large tower in the distance, the large shadow that seemed to go toward it. A large ship flew overhead. How? She moaned rubbing her head.

"Ships don't fly..." She slowly stumbled out of the room and looked around. There was stock wood in piles, paint sitting on top of white sheets, and spools of carpet leaning against the wall. This whole place seemed ready to be remodeled. She heard splashing again, but ignored it. It came from the bathroom. Obviously someone was bathing and she didn't want to disturb them.

Going down the hallway she found a kitchen. It was old fashioned, even for her who lived in a temple most of her life. Looking into the fridge she spotted the bread and meats. She pulled them out and began to make a sandwich. She felt so hungry, almost like she hadn't eaten in days. Which she wasn't sure how long it had been. She leaned back in the seat and started to eat.

Her head still felt hot and her eyes were heavy. She looked around the room again as the clock struck twelve. She could see the tiny bird pop out, and then go back in twelve times as the clock chimed. She liked it. It looked so adorable. She had only seen these kinds of clocks in books.

She jumped when she heard a chuckle.

"It's a cuckoo clock. Do you wanna see it?" Dareth took it off the wall. Jannah however looked horrified for a moment and backed away from him stuffing the rest of the sandwich in her mouth and backed away from him.

"Hey I'm not going to hurt you."

"He really won't." Ronin stuffed his shirt into his pants. His hair was slicked back having been combed back. "This guy couldn't hurt a fly. Really...ever..."

"Broke your legs once." Dareth mumbled. Ronin flinched and grumbled.

"Accident...you said."

"It was!" Dareth said allowed. Ronin looked at him and burst out laughing.

"Jannah...this is my boyfriend Dareth." Ronin gestured to Dareth who bowed elegantly to her, taking her hand and kissing it.

"Your highness." He chuckled. Jannah blushed looking up at Ronin who shrugged.

"Charmed..." She said through a parched throat. She sounded like she was talking through a cheese grater. She cleared her throat and sat back down with the clock in her hands.

"I...have only seen these in books, none of them seem to be this...well built." She said looking up at Dareth.

"Yeah it's an antique passed down from my moms side." Dareth said rubbing the back of his neck. He didn't much like talking about his parents. They left him at a young age, he had to get odd jobs after odd job after that. Dojo, Teacher, agent, Band manager, and now Laffy's. Nothing a teenager should do on their own. At least now he was an adult and could do things for himself in his own place of business.

Light snores could be heard coming from a chair near the door. Dareth and Jannah turned to see Ronin sleeping. Chin to his chest, and his arms crossed. Jannah smiled standing up and walking over to Ronin.

"He's been taking such good care of me...you are a lucky man Master Dareth." Dareth blushed helping her carry Ronin into the room he and Dareth shared. Dareths hand went to his cheek as he watched Jannah lean over and kiss Ronins forehead.

"Oh Ronin...did you bring me a Princess...or a daughter?" He asked no one. Jannah didn't seem to hear as she sat on the chair and watched him for a moment. It would seem all the worry lines left his face as he slept. So much more kinder, so much younger when he was sleeping.