Chapter Sixteen: So What

~Amelia's POV~

After we got back to the dorms Rosie walked into Riley and I's room and plopped down on her bed. She had a slight smile on her face, like she was thinking about something that made her happy a long time ago.

Then she turned to me and sighed,"Are you ready to admit it yet?"

"Admit what?"

She smiled a little more and shook her head titling it downwards,"The sad part is you're not lying. I could always tell when you were lying..." She seemed to be talking more to herself than to me. Then she looked up at me,"You really don't remember do you?"

"I don't know what I'm supposed to be remembering."

"We were.. We meant something to each other... Or at least I thought we did," she muttered to herself again.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"It means we were going to be high school sweethearts, and grow up, and get married. But you left. You ran away and you never looked back. You didn't even leave a note or say anything to anybody. You're dad didn't bother to look, but I did. I got Momma Rox and dragged her to the car and made her drive me all around town for hours. Looking for a friend that you could have run off with, or told your plans too. Or, or someone who could have taken you away... Or worst of all a- a corpse. Then I called the police and they claimed to be looking but there wasn't any evidence or leads or anything. And your dad just didn't FUCKING CARE. And and we couldn't find you. And it destroyed me," by the end she was crying, but the only way to tell were the tears dripping down her face. She slowly slipped off the edge of the bed to the floor, and let her head fall to her knees," and you don't even remember who I am."

"I'm sorry but-"

"But nothing!!" she looked up at me and glared," you ran away!!! You know you did. Admit it!" although her gaze said that she was fucking pissed, the rest of her said that she was sad and broken. The tears that stained her cheeks didn't help her attempt at anger.

"Yeah I ran away when I was fourteen-"

"Exactly! And did you tell anyone?"

"No, but-"

"But what? What could your explanation possibly be?"

"I went back. Back to Montgomery," I struggled with my list of lies, I didn't mean to let the fact that I'd run away slip out. I had lived here, but I didn't know Rosie. Even if I did, I didn't know her well enough for her to act like this! "I'm not the girl you knew!! I have no idea who she is, but she's not me!!"

"Do you want proof?" she stood up, shaking.

"How could you have proof? I. Don't. Know. You."

"Yes. You. Do. I saw you're face when you first saw me. It wasn't of 'Oh my God, it's Rosie.' But it was 'Have I seen her before?'"

"Well okay. Yeah, you looked familiar, and I figured out why, I saw you parking your car when I was unloading my stuff."

"I saw you too, but I refused to believe it was actually you."

"Why?"

She sighed and turned on her heel barreling into her room. She came back holding a photograph and shoved said photograph into my hands- her hands that were still shaking.

I looked it over. The two girls were in front of a Ferris wheel, the lights blurring slightly. I could make out Rosie in the taller, but the other was holding a flyer or something in front of her face. She seemed slightly similar to me. Same hair, height, and kind of stance, but it could easily be another girl. "I'm from Montgomery. You're from here. There's no-"