Chapter 23

Five days had passed since I tagged along with Sakura and Ino to a trip on the hospital to visit Sasuke and Lee.

They told me about the matches in the third phase of their chunin exam, for thinking that I might do a school article about it.

Ino and Sakura tied on their match that they also get in argue about that actually that they ended up asking me if who is the best among them. how should I know. (─.─)
A slick move for Ino had to put a chackra strings after cutting her hair to corner Sakura with that trap and use a mind transfer jutsu─a jutsu of which the Yamanaka clan passed down to the members. Sakura caught by that trap and Ino successfully executed her jutsu. Mind transfer jutsu isn't a fighting technique, but to enable the user to control the body of the other person. But then Sakura regained consciousness, because he heard Naruto's voice.
In my opinion, Ino almost won. She have thought of her strategy very well using her jutsu that can only be used in teams. If she missed with her mind transfer jutsu, Sakura will have the upper hand.
And it's a bit unfair. She sacrificed a lot, including her hair, but gained nothing but draw.

Naruto won his match by farting on his opponent, and I can tell you that it was disgusting.

TenTen lost her match against the blond girl from the sand village.

Neji won his match against his cousin that I forgot the name.

And Lee lost his match against Gaara, who almost got killed.

I picked up the paper where I tried to make that information I gained on the chunin exam from Ino and Sakura and read it.

This is the fifth paper, but I still don't find it satisfying. I crumpled it and throw it back on my bag.

That will be the last time I'll work for it with that topic. It already came to my mind that people will only ask me how I got it. I didn't even witnessed any of the matches on the third phase of the chunin exam it myself.

It's the last day of submission tomorrow and I still haven't figured out what was the missing piece.

I'm not desperate to have my work will get included to the school's newspaper. It'll be a huge honor to get my work included, but I just wanted to do push myself until I can say that I already did my best shot. That's why I'm trying write everything that comes to mind.

I looked out on the window and watched other students playing on the campus's playground to refresh my mind.

Tomorrow was the last day of submission of papers for the school's article and today was the twenty third day of July.

[A/N: July one was the start of the first phase of the chunin exam. July two was the second phase and July six was the third phase. plus the twelve days passed, the day my OC tagged along with Sakura and Ino. and five days passed, the day of this day, twenty third day of July. Yeah, right XD]

Why do I get the feeling that there's something important in this day?

But no matter how much I dig into my mind, I can't seem to get a clue to remember it.

I made a shadow clone then told her to not let anyone know that I'm not around and she should do my part.

Yup, that's what I did five days ago, that's why I'm able to go from place to place then ended up tagging with Sakura and Ino.

I went on my way around the village, asking questions here and there to those who had time and interested to answer my random questions that I got tired and ended up buying myself a snacks and for me to realize that I walked too far and went closer the entrance gate of the village.