Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Riley-Ann was officially the only girl at Hogwarts who didn't have a date to the Sadie Hawkins Dance, at least In her mind.

That cold Autumn chill was still there as Riley and her friends made their way outside to get some fresh air. Riley was telling Marlene and Lily all about her encounter with Remus Lupin after Magical Music class.

"He really apologized that many times?" asked Lily.

"Yeah. He felt bad. Who wouldn't?" Riley asked.

Lily and Marlene stared at her questioningly waiting for her to get what they were thinking.

"Right. Potter. Black."

"I still can't believe you don't have a date yet, Ri," Lily huffed as she sat down on a bench in the middle of the courtyard. Riley shrugged and sat down next to her.

Marlene stood there silent like a deer in headlights, eyes open wide. An almost constipated look spread across her face.

"Oh no" stated Lily.

"That's her idea face isn't it?" Riley said worriedly.

"Yeah" confirmed Lily.

"What is it this time Marlene?" Riley sighed.

"YOU SHOULD ASK REMUS LUPIN TO THE DANCE!" she cried out loudly.

A look that was a mix of shock and horror rose upon Riley-Ann's as she heard what came out of her best friend's mouth. Marlene had come up with some crazy ideas in her life but none as crazy as this one.

What the heck was she thinking?

Riley-Ann looked over at Lily, who was in a state of deep thought.

"I mean......it's not such a bad idea?" Lily suggested.

"WHAT!" Riley-Ann Shrieked.

"Think about it, Ri. This is your first dance, You know Remus. you trust him and you are not close enough friends for it to be weird" Lily reasoned.

"Plus you think he has nice features" Marlene said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"What makes you think that?" Riley questioned, still trying to slow down her breathing.

"I've read your diary. Duh" stated Marlene as she rolled her eyes.

"What? Marlene, I am going to kill you!" Riley-Ann shouted.

Lily stands up from the bench and stands in between them to make sure they don't start strangling each other or something.

"Calm down ladies!" said Lily.

"You shouldn't have left the thing lying around, Ri," Marlene said snarkily.

"First of all it's not a diary, it's a journal, and second it was locked in my truck!" Riley shouted.

"Fine sorry" apologized Marlene.

"Ugh"

"Still think you should ask Remus to the dance though" Marlene sighs.

"Marlene." Riley huffed, rolling her eyes.

"Come on. You need a date and Remus is a really good guy" assured Lily.

"I don't know. But I promise I'll think about it."

***

Three days had passed since Marlene's "Great" idea and the dance was officially less than two weeks away. If Riley didn't get a date now, there would be no one left to go with.