"Yeah like hell you are," he said. "Get up, champ." He mocked.

We got up and he practically dragged me towards his room. It was a nice bedroom, not gonna lie. Unlike typical hormone driven wattpad stories, it had two beds instead of one. We weren't going to share a bed.

Thankfully, we didn't stumble across Aunt Karen or dad.

"Please lock the door." I pleaded desperately. I was slowly starting to panic because I didn't know what to do. Nothing made me more anxious than uncertainty and being lost.

'You're a lost soul, Kent Sinclair.' Noah would've said had he were here. I tried not to think about Noah because I didn't want my first impression to be an ugly crying mess. Ugly mess was more than enough.

"Okay..." He locked it and didn't ask any questions. He plummeted on his bed and went on his phone.

The bedroom didn't fit him. Solely based on looks, he didn't seem like someone who'd listen to orchestra music like the poster on the wall. He didn't look like a superhero fan like the shelf of action figures. Then again, I could be wrong. Looks were overrated, anyway.

"Stop looking at these, they aren't mine." His words mimicked my thoughts, but he didn't reveal much about it. I left it at that.

I didn't unpack. I just stacked my duffel bag against the footboard of the bed.

"Dad and Maricruz will be home soon. We'll have dinner afterwards."

"I don't want to eat."

"Dad won't like it." he didn't lift his head up from his phone. "I'm supposed to show you around town tomorrow morning."

"I don't wanna see the town." I knew I was being pissy, but I had every right to be.

He hummed.

Not long afterwards, I heard the front door closing. It was either his dad, whatever his name was, and Maricruz, or my dad had left. I hoped it was the latter.

--

I hated grey. Grey annoyed me. It was an ugly colour that meant so much in different ways. I hated how indecisive it was. I hated how it meant nothing and everything. I hated that it wasn't white or black.

I'm sorry Noah Grayson, but I was the gray son tonight.

I felt more restrained than I did when I was still in Rivertown. I wanted to be in Rivertown, not here in Ripplemills. I wanted to go to Rivertown High, not EastMill Secondary.

I was so damn frustrated. I didn't have my phone, half of my wardrobe, and the last part of my dignity was missing.

It then hit me that Mario left his phone on his bed when he went for dinner. I hurriedly grabbed it and was met with a pass code. I wanted to try some random phrases but I knew absolutely nothing about this guy. I gazed randomly at his lock screen as I realised that I don't even know Noah's number. I took it for granted as being saved in my phone.

Mario came back unexpectedly. His dark eyebrow was raised in a questioning manner as to why was his phone in my hands. It was then when I found the last piece of my dignity: right under his foot.

"I wasn't-"

"I don't wanna know. Just put it back where it was." He said. I complied. A man who could only be Aunt Karen's husband walked in. He looked a lot like Mario, but lacked his tan skin.

"I don't wanna be rude, or come off as ungrateful, but I really, really, don't wanna meet anyone else. In case you haven't noticed, I'm here against my will, I'm humiliated into this whole thing, and I would really appreciate it if you leave me alone.".