She first saw this place when Jared went to Germany, and Meme took her back here. One day she went out of the terrace near the passageway going to their room and saw the gazebo. It was like a big white dot amid the green. Curiosity made her asked Meme, and to her surprise, she told her of it being inside the property.

At that time, she had been here for a few days but never seen it before. She found out that when the housekeeper brought her here, trees concealed it from view on the first floor.

The door opening made her look in its direction, and saw a housekeeper carrying a bowl of nuts. She also left once she put it in the table in front of her.

Left alone by herself, she got up and walked on the rails. This gazebo is unlike a normal one. Meme had told her Jared had modernized it as he likes to stay here. It has folding windows in case anyone wanted to spend the night. It can be closed, partially or entirely.

As it is located in the middle of a pond with only a bridge to connect it to the land, the main attraction is the fishes that frolic around in different colors and species. Just looking at them can relax someone's mind enough to forget the time.

Katelyn gasped when a hand encircled her waist, and a masculine body touched her back. As the realization hit her of Jared's presence, her eyes widened.

"Remember what you had decided the next time you met him. You should keep your cool and pretend as if everything is okay," Katelyn warned herself. She removed the hands in her waist and took two steps sideways before facing him.

She felt compassion for him as soon as she saw his weary eyes. "Its Charlize and their child he was worried about, so better not let him notice you care." She advised herself and then stared at the vacant space. At that moment, the sounds of the leaves of the trees as it moves to the direction where the wind blows it distracted Katelyn in what can be a deafening silence.

"Tori, I am sorry." Jared broke the silence, and she looked at him, remorse was on his face, this time.

"I am expecting this, and I will be happy to gain back my freedom." She told him with a smile, but deep in her heart, she wanted to cry. What stopped her was her pride.

She doesn't want to look pathetic in front of him.

She promised before to do everything, not share her man to any woman. To be confronted with the truth that he only has Charlize in his heart is enough for her to let go.

"Are we going to discuss divorce again? Didn't I made it clear to you before, don't ever think about it?" Anger was in Jared's voice though he tried to control it, the reddening of his face betrayed him.

It made her confused then. "Isn't he here to talk about it? Why is he angry now? She was only helping him to start the topic so he can finish it.

"Until now, you cannot learn to love me, Tori? Even with my child inside you. Are you still thinking you can go back to your country and marry that friend of yours?" Jared asked her while his hands hold both of her arms and looked at her intently.

She never noticed him walking near him. So engrossed was she of trying to fathom on what's going on.

"What do you mean?"

"What?" Frustration was in his voice as he asked, then turned his back on her and walked two steps away.

She saw him put both hands on his waist and then heard him took a deep breath before turning to walk back to her.

This time, he put both of his hands on the rail, imprisoning her. "Weren't you listening to what I had said, or maybe it was not clear enough, and you wanted me to say it word for word."

"Oh, please do try the second." She answered while turning her face sideways. She was avoiding his gaze, so distracted with it, and she can't afford to be.

"I love you, Tori. I am not sure when it started, but I do." She looked at him immediately after what she heard and then pushed him away from her.

"Are you playing with me, Jared? Is your need to please Meme led you to lie to me and forsake Charlize?" For the first time, she accused him, shouting, and then she cried.

Pity was what she felt towards herself at Jared's thought, doing anything to have a child from her. Even sacrificing the woman he loves and their child.

"I am not lying to you, Tori." He told her as he hugged her, and she tried to push him away, but this time, he didn't budge an inch. "I hate you, Jared. Why don't you go back to Charlize and your child?"

"I know you hate me, but as of now, I have only one child growing, and I don't want his mother to cry."

Upon hearing it, she pushed him softly, and he slackened his hold on her waist. She craned her neck again to stare and asked him in between sniffing. "Charlize is pregnant, right?"

"Yes, she is, but it doesn't mean I am the father." He answered while wiping the wetness on her face with his fingers.

"How come you are not?"

"Isn't it obvious? I am a married man, and I love my wife, so what's the use of looking around?"

"Stop pretending, Jared, besides, didn't you warned me before not to fall in love with you because you only wanted Charlize?"

Instead of answering, to her surprise, he picked her up. He then carried her to the couch and settled her on his lap. He took a tissue and wiped her face with it.

"Well, Mrs. Steele, before I knew you, I have no plans on loving any woman. I never even thought I would get attracted to you. The first time we met and you were sitting down in a chair so stiff like a wooden tree.

"No way, I wasn't like that." She protested.

"Yes, you were, but listen first and remember this husband of yours doesn't like to explain much."

"We shall see." He looked at her on what she said. This time she will listen as she saw the desperate need in him to have her attention.

"Do you know I attended your graduation?" This time she was the one who was surprised.

"Why you didn't come and say hi to my friends and me?"

"And ruined your fun? Was it Eddie who gave you the flowers?"

"Yes, he was the one and for your info, again. We are just good friends." She pointed out to him as she heard a hint of envy in his voice.

"He was so sweet with you." She looked at him. "I know, but I can't help being jealous of him. You were with him for a long time. Okay, I will not say anything about him." He added as she glowered at him.

"Good, How about your relationship with Charlize?"

"Honey, Charlize, and I were over." Her eyebrows rose, and when he saw her disbelieve, "It's true." He then explained about his relation with Charlize and when it started. He also made it clear if they had been intimate; it was not the whole five years they knew each other. It was only in the last six months before he got engaged with her.

"Though we met always, I had been celibate since we got married, rather, before we consummated it. If I had not been attentive to you, it was because I don't know how you feel towards me." He held her hand and then asked, "Honey, do you ever love me?"

"Well, I will answer you after your probation." She told him and get up from his lap.

"What?" She heard him asked as she walked back to the mansion, with a smile on her face."

END OF PART 34

Please don't forget to vote, comment, and share with your friends.❤❤❤