Part 17

Published: Aug. 02, 2019----Sept. 30, 2020

Katelyn has been sitting down in a table beside the pregnant Phoebe for an hour already. She started working as one of the assistants to the executive secretary since Jared left for L.A.

After her conversation with Meme that night, and finally agreeing to work with Jared, the next morning, a memo from the H.R. department was sent to the finance department of her immediate transfer to the CEO's office colleague's surprise.

As usual, she again pretended to know it only at that time. Besides, it was only in their department who knows about it at that time. Afterward, she was not sure anymore as there were no gossips about it.

Tess, on the other hand, was sad as they will not see each other often, but when Katelyn told her that she will still eat her lunch with them, her loneliness ebbed. Then Tess encourages her to do her best, so the post she has will become permanent, but forbid her to have anything to do with Jared and Blake.

Here she is now, on her third day, oriented by Phoebe on the software used to have universal access to the companies under the Steele group. For her first day and second day are all about her duties inside the office.

In her opinion, Phoebe is an ideal Executive secretary, so professional, never even asked her the reason for her being in the office but just trained her as told. She is smart, well -organized, and confident.

While the other one, Michelle, is a different story.

Yesterday in their pantry area, while she was drinking water, Michelle came and immediately asked about her professional and personal background. Her being in a newly hired status made one of Michelle's well-defined eyebrows raised.

She doesn't want to judge other people's characters so early, but she knows Michelle will be one of those rare people she will not like.

This morning when she was going to bring the coffee she had made for Jared as per his request, Michelle intercepted. She took the tray from her and then delivered it inside, making Jared go out of his office and calling her inside.

The smirk that she saw Michelle gave her as she passed by her to go out of the room made Katelyn realize that it was deliberate so that Jared will reprimand her.

But Michelle was wrong in assuming that Jared will be angry with her because after the door closed, he hugged her.

"What are you doing? We are inside your office, and it's during working hours." she protested while trying to get out of his embrace.

"Stay still, Tori, I just want to hug you." he tightened his hold on her while coaxing her and his gentle voice soothed her mind and made her limp on his arms.

"Oh, her treacherous body again, once touched by this man, becomes weak." She scolded herself, but she hugged him back too.

She did miss him. Not only was that Meme's reason to stay the night with them to remind her about some of her duties as a wife, but also because Jared has to go to California for two nights. Like before, Jared doesn't want her to stay alone in the apartment, so Meme stayed.

She almost forgets where they are, if not for his voice.

"How do you find your first day here in my office?" he asked while touching her face, and then his finger traced her lips. In an instant, she felt her body heated as a response to his touch. She eluded herself from being tempted by avoiding his advances.

But suddenly, his lips were on her, coaxing her mouth to open. Jared pulled her closer and kissed her with hunger on it. As usual, her unreliable body responded, and it was a good thing that a knock on the door separated them, or else she cannot imagine what state of dishevelment she will be with Jared becoming smoking hot.