Midvale Mornings

Comincia dall'inizio

"An adult toy store." Lena shrugged as though it was nothing.

"We have one of those now," Kara complained, pushing her glasses further up her nose. "Can you believe it, polluting a small town like this is disgusting? I should start a petition to close it."

Kara missed the look Eliza sent her husband, but Lena did not.

"I like toy stores." Connor innocently shrugged as he pulled apart a crisp piece of bacon in his hands. "Do they have cool toys,,?"

Kara's eyes widened behind her lenses, her cheeks flamed red as regret began filling her. Why had she ever mentioned this? "Eat your bacon."

xxx

When Kara had grown tired of waiting for her sister, she decided to head up the stairs and fetch her.

A decision she was about to regret.

"Alex, come on. We have to go into town, and Eliza has made this huge breakfast, but if you want, I can eat yours." Kara told her sister as she opened the door and saw Alex still in bed. Her red hair fanned out on the pillow behind her, her eyes closed as small moans escaped her lips.

She hadn't noticed Kara enter the room yet.

Someone did, suddenly without warning (Y/n), lifted the covers from the top of her where she had been hiding at the bottom of the bed. "OMG me too, I need to go somewhere!"

Alex finally turned her own wide eyes of horror to her sister.

Kara's eyes widened in stunned shock. The implications of what (Y/n) was doing under there was now all too clear. "Its broad daylight and you're... you're... doing that."

"For goodness sake, Kara, get out," Alex yelled at her sister, didn't she ever knock? The Director's eyes drifted to her wife, who still seemed unfazed or stunned to catch on to what had happened.

"(Y/n)." Trying not to let the covers fall from her own naked form, Alex rose up and threw the blanket back over her wife.

"Thanks, babe." (Y/n)'s muffled voice said from under the thick covers.

"You two need to buy a Scrabble board," Kara said, burying her head in her hands. Thinking back to a time when her sister had been normal. Alex smiled a lot more now, but at least she wasn't a sex maniac.

Alex raised an eyebrow if only Kara knew what words (Y/n) spelled out in scrabble. Kara would be outraged.

"We're married," Alex replied, innocently.

(Y/n)'s invention of strip scrabble one night during a power cut had been particularly impressive. Alex didn't think that her sister would want to hear about that any time soon.

"We're just doing married things." Alex continued to explain.

"And nonmarried things." (Y/n) spoke up from under the covers. "Freedom of choice, Kara, it's a thing look it up."

"You've got five minutes," Kara warned before closing the door behind her leaving Alex and (Y/n) in silence.

"Well." (Y/n) said, planting her hands on her hips, the cover still hung over her, making her look like a human-shaped lump in the bed. "She's fun at parties."

Alex slowly turned her head from the closed door to her wife. The scene was too funny, and in seconds, Alex had burst out into floods of laughter.

"What?" (Y/n) asked puzzled.

xxx

(Y/n) cluttered the plates as she pulled them from the dishwasher and put them away safely in the cupboard.

Life had changed so much, it was in small random moments like this when the full weight truly hit her.

Doing a very regular activity like doing breakfast dishes with her brother-in-law made her feel blessed. It was crazy most people would have passed the moment by, but not (Y/n) she never took anything for granted.

(Y/n) Loved Alex, and she loved her family; it was as easy as that, and the time they spend in Midvale was always particular. She loved these visits.

So (Y/n) had jumped at the chance of helping Eliza clear away the breakfast dishes.

"I'm sorry about this morning I was selfish an.."

Eliza raised her hand in the air shaking them to halt her daughter-in-law in her tracks, given (Y/n) and Alex being very late for breakfast the chef had volunteered to help with the dishes.

"Don't apologize; I know you're both working hard and time together is hard to find and trust me when I tell you I know a thing or two about cheeky morning lie-ins." Eliza winked mysteriously.

(Y/n)'s mouth fell open in surprise. "OMG."

Like a whirlwind, Alex shot into the kitchen and grabbed hold of her wife by her shoulders. "Yes, thank you, Mom, for trying to corrupt my wife; I need her to come with me to do that thing."

"What thing?" (Y/n) asked confused.

"The thing I told you about," Alex said, pushing (Y/n) through the kitchen door and out into the garden.

Eliza chuckled. "You didn't hear the rest of the story Alex."

"That's fine. I'll live!" Alex shouted back.

"She means your Dad." (Y/n) supplied with a laugh.

"Yes, thank you very much."

"Our parents are all horn dogs." (Y/n) giggled, slipping her arms through Alex's and moving closer. "So, hotwife, what is the plan for today now? You saved me from hearing about your parent's sex lives."

Alex cringed. She did not want any knowledge of that. "Kara said you have to take Connor into town."

"Why what for?"

"I don't know I think she wants some alone time with Kara." Alex shrugged. "Take tissues this time though babe, remember when you went to the store last week and began crying over the family on the toilet paper package?"

"Yes, thank you for the reminder." (Y/n) cringed, she wanted to end the water world, but nothing was working, and they seemed to be getting worse.

Alex smiled, pulling (Y/n) into her arms, running her hand through her wife's long strands of hair. (Y/n) closed her eyes against the soothing comfort Alex offered. "I'm just one call away. Okay, if you need me, I'm just one call away."

The chef took a deep breath, spending time alone in town with an annoying demon spawn kid was going to be hell. "I know."

That was something that (Y/n) was sure would never change.

"Oh, no, baby, not again."

The tears fell without restraint.