03 - PAYDAY

They were about halfway through the drive to the Capital (at least, by Scrapper 142's estimate) when Thor finally came to

They were about halfway through the drive to the Capital (at least, by Scrapper 142's estimate) when Thor finally came to. Aurora watched as the man came to his senses and observed the situation he was in. As he turned around, his eyes immediately landed on her faintly glowing figure.

"Aurora?" he asked, sounding stunned and she felt awful knowing he likely believed she was betraying him at that moment. "What are you doing here? Fraternizing with the enemy? How come you don't get a shock thingy?"

The guilt overtook her as she did her best to explain that she was very much on his side, "I'm not with her, I swear! The only reason I'm not where you are is that those electric things don't affect me in the way they do for you, they only heighten my power not take it away! So, she couldn't exactly... tame me."

"I'm sure I could if I really tried," the woman shrugged as she took a sip of her drink and continued driving. She turned to speak into some sort of communicative device on the ship, "Scrapper 142. I need clearance and an audience with the boss. I've got something special."

With this statement, Thor turned his attention to Valkyrie, "Hey! Where are you taking me?" She ignored him, so he yelled further, "Answer me! Hey! I am Thor, son of Odin. I need to get back to Asgard."

The woman ignored him, simply grabbing the remote to the device attached to his neck and with her finger ready on the button, she spoke with her voice dripping sarcasm, "Many apologies, your majesty." With that, the button was pushed and Thor was out like a light once again.

"You're cruel," Aurora muttered, "He's not lying. His world is in danger. The woman that is the reason we landed here will destroy Asgard as we know it. I cannot stand to see that happen, have you no mercy? Or even basic morality?"

"I prefer to describe myself as morally grey," Scrapper 142 shrugged, "Asgard can burn. Don't get mouthy with me or I will find a way to capture you, too, and sell you right alongside this God of yours."

The being scoffed, crossing her arms, "I, for one, would like to see you try."

"Don't test me or you will."

"You're all talk and you know it," she laughed, taunting the other woman. She could see her getting visibly frustrated and it was awfully entertaining. "You will never defeat me. You hate it already."

Scrapper 142 huffed, but her vacant and unforgiving expression did not shift in the slightest. Taking one more sip of her drink, she guided her ship into a sort of garage with guards in colorful attire removing Thor from the ship as soon as they landed. He was put into a chair and locked in all while the god remained unconscious. Aurora longed to help him, but the woman had a tight grip on her wrist as soon as they exited the ship.

"Best behavior. If you fuck this up, I don't get paid and you would hate to see me if I don't get paid," the woman seethed under her breath as the two of them left Thor and were being guided through what Aurora assumed was the capital building.