The Proposal

"Y/n, you ready?" Ruel calls out from the lounge room. You look in the mirror one last time before walking out of your room. 

"Hey." You say and his head shoots your way. For the first time ever, he's lost for words. 

"Wow..." He then says, breaking the silence between you both. You chuckle before making your way over to him. 

"You are so fucking gorgeous!" He compliments, wrapping his arms around your waist. No matter how many times he's said that before, butterflies still erupt in your stomach, giving the same feeling you felt for him years ago. 

"Why, thank you." You reply, wrapping your arms around the back of his neck. 

"You don't look too bad yourself." You smile, bringing him in for a kiss. You gently pull on his hair as his arms tighten around your waist. You pull back before this turns into a make out session and he frowns slightly. 

"Okay, let's go. I'm intrigued to see where you're taking me." You say with a little grin on your face, putting your hand in his. He then stares blankly before he snaps out of his gaze. 

"Sorry, I almost forgot where I was taking you!" He says and you laugh at his bad memory. 

"Let's go," He smiles, swinging your hands back and forth. 

***        

Ruel pulls up to this little fancy French restaurant and you swear you've been here before. You look over at Ruel confused and he gives a little cheeky grin before getting out of the car. You get out from your side and meet Ruel at the front of the restaurant. 

"We've been here before, haven't we?" You question but he doesn't say anything, but smirks at you. You both walk into the restaurant hand in hand and all of your memories come flooding back. This is where Ruel took you on your first date when you were both only 17. You guys went and then afterwards you wanted to go back but both of you forgot the name and place it was. 

"Ruel this is where-" 

"I know." He smiles, cutting you off. You grin like an idiot, not being able to wipe your smile off of your face. One of the waiters shows us our table and you smile even more seen the table you were sitting at. 

"Ruel, how did you find this place?! And also your memory is terrible, how did you remember what seat we sat at?" You question and he chuckles. You both sit down and he sighs. 

"I don't forget memorable moments." He says which makes you blush so hard. 

"This is the best! It's exactly how I remember it." You smile, looking around the place. 

"Six years and this restaurant hasn't changed at all." He says and everything then clicks into your brain. 

"Wow it's been six years?" You say, all of a sudden realising how long you've actually been together. 

"I know, it's gone so quickly." He says and you agree. You start to read the menu but you feel eyes on you. You place the menu down and  look up to see Ruel's beautiful eyes staring at you. 

"What?" You question, tilting your head to the side. His gaze breaks as he looks down at the table and then looks back at you. 

"You're just so god damn beautiful. Like I don't get it! How am I so lucky?!" He questions himself, making the biggest smile appear on your face. 

"The real question is how I got you. Why me? Why me over all the girls that want you?" You say and he shakes his head. 

"They're nothing compared to you." He says and you blush again, looking down at the table. 

***

The rest of the night goes really really well. You think somethings up though. Ruel taking you to this fancy restaurant where you both went on your first date, him flirting with you every two minutes... Well, more than usual.

"Come on! I have one more surprise for tonight..." He says snapping you out of your thoughts. You stand up, lacing your fingers with his and walk out of the restaurant. You get in his car and Ruel starts to drive some other place. You rest your head against the window as you start to feel yourself getting a little sleepy. 

"Y/n, wake up. We're here." Ruel says, shaking your shoulder lightly. You open your eyes and see a park filled with fairy lights and a cute little picnic rug. 

"Ruel... What is this?" You say feeling breathless. It's beautiful. You guys get out of the car and he grabs your hand. You look at him and it seems all of a sudden nervous. You both sit down on the rug and you notice chocolate covered strawberries. 

"Who did this?!" You question, looking around at the place. 

"My mates and me." He says and you laugh, knowing Ruel talked his friends into setting this up for you guys. You look over at Ruel and he still seems nervous. 

"Ruel, what is all of this? It's not like we're celebrating anything special...." You say and he takes a deep  breath. He stands up and so do you. He then grabs both of your hands which were a little sweaty and you can hear his shaky breathing. 

"Look y/n.... From the day that I met you, I knew you were going to be a special person in my life." He says and your heart starts to race. He then takes another deep breath before continuing. 

"These past 6 years have been, probably the best 6 years of my life. You've seen me at my worst and you've see me at my best. And I know we're only young, but I know that I wanna spend the rest of my life with you. I wanna settle down, have kids with you, grow a family and grow old together. I love you so much." He says and you think your heart as exploded. 

"So.... y/n, y/l/n..." He says before getting down on one knee. You cover your mouth with your hands in shock. 

"Will you marry me?" He says getting out a little velvet box. His shaky hands open it and it's a beautiful diamond ring. When Ruel said those four words you couldn't even see him anymore. Your eyes were filled with tears. 

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" You say pulling him into a hug. He sighs in relief and hugs you tightly. You pull apart and wipe your tears. He then gets your left hand and puts the ring on. You look down at it before looking back up at Ruel. You gently place your lips onto his and your hands run through his hair and his wrap around your waist. You can feel him smiling as you slowly kiss and you smile too.

"I love you so so much." You say, pulling away, caressing his cheek. 

"I love you too, so, so much." He says, placing his lips back onto yours. 

A/N: hello everyone. So I'm depressed because no one will want to marry me :) Anyways If you guys liked this make sure to comment and voteeee :)) also write some ideas down because as of now I'm out of ideas. 

E/N: Ehem, may i say. I know ur lonely, but hun, ur a teen. calm down. the only thing you can get serious with is when your eating sushi and ignoring me. that takes all the concentration in your whole body to ignore my glares. but yh, :D I'm hungry. comment ideas, vote, read and stay updated. :pppppppppppppppp - p.s: someone yeet me sushi through your laptops to me. I'm craving it and stress eating at the same time. :D i love exams (sarcasm intended)