Promise

Another day has passed, another day of missed phone calls and unread texts. Another day of never ending tears and indescribable feelings. How can someone I love so much move so far away from me and expect me to be okay with it. 

It's nearing 11pm and I've done nothing all day but sit in my misery, being unable to do anything else. As I sit on the floor, drowning out my thoughts with my music I hear an incoming call, someone who has been calling me at least 10 times a day. I stare at my phone and everything goes blurry because of the unwanted tears that start to well up in my eyes. I've been meaning to block his number to save me from sadness of seeing his name light up on my screen for countless days, but I can't seem to do it. That means having zero contact with him, and I'm definitely not ready to say goodbye even though all I do is decline his calls. 

Around another hour or so passes before he rings again, my phone lighting up leaving me to stare at the cheesy photo of us grinning like two idiots. How did everything get so complicated so fast. I let the phone ring but I can't help but feel guilty and selfish as to how many times he has tried contacting me, how many times he has tried to work things out but I just got too hurt. So, as an impulsive decision I slide across the button on the screen, answering his call. 

"Y/N, y/n please tell me its you" A very exhausted sounding Ruel says, speaking into phone. I want to say how much I miss him and that its me on the other end of the phone, wanting to be with him once again. But its like I've been frozen, the only thing but my shaky breaths being heard through the phone to his end.  

"look, I know you don't want to talk to me but I can't do this anymore. This is my fucking life and if you don't want to support me and the choices I want to make then you are not the person I need in it." I hear Ruel practically spit out from the other end, knowing his anger is getting the best of him instead of Ruel coming to his senses. I wasn't gonna say anything but him hearing him say that to me has just pushed me. 

"support you? All I have done is fucking supported you. Since day one, I've been so understanding of your career and everything that comes with it. from the long distance to being away on tour, to you always being busy, and everything in-between. I'm sorry if I didn't agree on you moving to another country where we fucking can't even be together you dibshit." I yell on the other end, not feeling any better about anything I've just said. I was expecting Ruel to fire back another argument which would lead to more heated conversations but there was complete silence off of his end.

"y/n" I hear Ruel softly speak, indicating that he's calmed down. "can we please just talk face to face, yelling at each other over the phone isn't gonna get us anywhere" He sighs, sounding more emotionally drained than he did before. 

"okay" I whisper, matching the same tone he had with his voice. 

"I'll be at your house in 10" he replies, I don't say anything back and as I was about to hang up the phone, ruel surprises me. 

"I love you" He all of a sudden says, immediately hanging up the phone afterwards, giving me not time to respond back. 

While he's on his way I quickly decide to tidy up my apartment because off all the mess I've made not being bothered to clean it. But I get distracted being lost in my thoughts about the mess Ruel and I are in, and before I know it I hear the doorbell ringing. I start to mentally prepare myself before going up and answering the door, seeing Ruel in a state I have never seen before. 

"Hey" He says softly, watching him as he shifts his feet awkwardly on the floor. My eyes meet his before replying with "hi". I open the door and Ruel slowly walks in, a sad look on his face, a very different look from his usual happy self. We walk in silence over to my room and I sit down on my bed as he sits down on my desk chair.