Hospital Visits

"Hey guys, it's time for bed." You say trying to take care and gather up all of the little kids running around the hospital. 

"y/n, you need to rest." Your doctor says to you. 

"Yeah, but I wanna help you out. Just because I have cancer doesn't mean I can't help you guys." You say, looking at all of the kids below you. 

"Okay but you need to get some rest for tomorrow. A singer called Ruel is coming, he's around your age and he's gonna sing a few songs for the kids and you can watch as well." She says, walking me to my room. 

"Alright, I'll go to bed..." You say, slowly starting to get in the bed. 

"That would be smart, goodnight." She says before shutting the door. 

***

You sigh as you hear your alarm goes off. You do your usual morning routine and once you're done you go around the hospital, greeting all of the lady's you see every morning. 

You go to the kids room to wake them all up, but they are already dressed and ready to go?!

"Wow, you guys are productive this morning..." You chuckle at them and you sit down where they all are. There isn't anyone at this hospital your age, so you just hang around all of the kids. 

You were in deep conversation with Riley about how much he loves chicken drum sticks before the door swings open and we're all faced with a huge 6'3 boy with basically curtains for hair. 

"Hey everyone, I'm Ruel. I'm here to sing a few songs for you all and get to know you guys." He smiles and all of the kids cheer. You thought he was gonna get a chair and sit down like every other guest here but he ends up siting on the floor with all of the kids. 

You all sit in a circle and Ruel's staring at you either because you may look like a alien because your hair has fallen off due to cancer, or that you're the only one his age there. 

"So...... I want to get to know you guys first, everyone go around the circle and say your name and something inserting about you." He smiles. 

"Hi Ruel! My name is Riley and I love chicken drum sticks and spider man..." He says and Ruel chuckles, giving him a high five. Ruel's pretty good with the kids not going to lie. 

Eventually it gets to you and you feel nervous for some reason. 

"My names y/n and all these little guys are my best friends." You smile, wrapping your arm around a girl named Leah. After that little activity Ruel sings one of his songs called Golden Years on the guitar. As he was finishing up you thought, 'Damn he had a good voice!'

After the session there was a recess break, so you decided to go back in your room to chill for a while when you hear a knock at your door. 

You go up and open it, standing in front of you is Ruel? 

"Oh I'm really sorry, I was just looking for the bathroom?" He questions confused and you smile at him. 

"The public bathrooms are kinda yuck here, so if you want to use a decent one you can use the one in my room if you want?" You reply, opening the door fully for him to come in. 

"Yeah, thanks." He says entering your room. 

"Wow! How long have you lived here for?" He questions, observing all of your posters and photos all around your room.