XIII.

Lizzy's POV

The night was more than sulky. Tig and I went back to the others after my little breakdown. I looked for my daughter and found her and Gemma knocked out on a mattress in the corner of the room, both holding each other tightly. My heart hurt at that view, because when I looked at them sleeping carelessly, I thought about my mother. She never had the opportunity to actually meet my kid, because she died before I got pregnant. Tara sensed something must be wrong with me and she hugged me. "Josy was tired, so Gemma volunteered to lay down with her. I hope it is okay?" "Yeah... Gemma just reminds me a little of my own mother. She had brown hair too and a similar figure. God, I miss her.", I whispered. Tara looked at me with saddened eyes. "I know, I am in the same boat. Both parents gone, like yours." I glanced at her. "You know, after what we discovered yesterday, with JT being my godfather... Jax is as good as a cousin for me. So we are practically family. Gemma and Clay are my aunt and uncle. And your my cousins wife. So... theoretically younare my cousin now too." Tara chuckled. "You are nuts, but yeah. But just leave it at the we are family part. Ok, I need to take care of Abel now. If Josy needs something we let you know." "Thanks. I am over there with the guys." Tara nodded and turned around giving Abel her attention.

The rest of the night included talking with Happy and Tig and later sitting behind the bar together with Tig, sipping one beer after the other.
When the next morning rolled in, I haven't slept a second. Tig passed out next to me about two hours ago, so I let him sleep, curled up like a baby with his head on my lap. I couldn't tell what time it is, but it had to be in the early morning hours. Playing with my phone I wanted to call Chibs. The last 74 hours showed me, how much I really adore and love that man. I was shocked when I thought about how long we really knew each other. Just a little over 2 weeks! He was always on my mind, constantly thinking about him, what he's doing, if he's okay, how I miss him.
Suddenly my phone buzzed. "Yeah?" "Mornin love." I smiled into the phone. "Morning Filip." "Ya sound better than last night." "Well I guess." He sighed. "What are ya about ta do today?" I looked at the sleeping Tig in my lap. "Not much honestly. Trying not to move, but my ass fell asleep." "Well than get up and move around a bit." "Negative. Mister Tig fell asleep some time ago and his head landed in my lap. I don't want to wake him." "Where are ya now lov?" "The whole bunch of us is in the big common room and slept in here. Tig and I couldn't sleep so we climbed behind the bar and drank. But I guess I won, because I am still standing... or sitting... whatever." Chibs laughed a little. I could hear him smoking a cigarette. "Make sure ya send ma a picture of Tig. I need a proof that ya are tougher than him." "I will. When will you lot drive back home?" "In about two hours. Wanna spend the time with ma babbling on the phone?" "Sure, I prefer your babbling more than Tigs snoring. Now do me a favor and distract me from my hurtin butt..." "What are ya wearing?" I chuckled softly. "Really? I am not having phone sex with you while Tigger is asleep on my lap!" "Dammit... worth a try I guess." I laughed quietly. "Oh Filip. What did I do to deserve you all..." "Well the first time we met, ya were kinda glad ta see ma." "Yeah because you found my kid." "True. Still I never forget tha smile." I blushed hard. "And I never forget these eyes of yours." We continued talking like that, when Tig suddenly started moving. "Stop that lovey dovey shit or I am going to throw up all over you.", he murmured. Chibs who heard him, started laughing. "Then get down from my lap, I can't feel my legs anymore..." Tig grunted something I couldn't understand, but he moved away. "Okay Filip, hang on a sec, I'll try to get up."
I got up and I felt the blood circulating through my legs. "Thank God, I feel my legs again. Ok I am going outside to the picnic table, Tig were are your cigarettes?" He threw his pack at me and I took it and went outside, still having Chibs on the cellphone. "Love? Yar smoking?" He sounded concerned. "Yeah. Started again last night. I am sorry." I said when I sat myself on top of the table, just like Chibs does most of the times. "Don't apologize. I know it's a bad habit, but I want ta be honest with ya. I am smoking too." "No shit. I guess we have at least something in common..." He chuckled again. It was still early, around 7:30 am and half of Charming was still asleep. "Hey, yar alone?" "Yeah, why?" "Fancy now to tell ma what yar wearing?" I laughed into the phone. "You horny dickhead." "Always horny for ya. Now tell me. I really wanna know.", he demanded. I looked down at me. "Uh some sort of black leggings and a shirt of yours." "A shirt of ma? Which one?" "One with a Scottish flag on it?" "Good girl." I smiled at that, when I got distracted. A guy showed up at the fence, staring at me. "Filip..." "Yeah I know...sorry." "No... not about that. There is a guy outside the lot, he's staring at me." I heard Chibs curse. "Get inside. Now." I jumped off of the table and the minute I reached the door of the clubhouse, the guy started yelling. Itbwas Butch. He threatened me. "Love, don't listen ta him. Go inside get Tig." "Filip, I am going to kill him..." "NO. Get inside. NOW!" This time I listened and I went inside and made my way instantly to Tig. Waking him up not being gentle about it, he looked at me pissed. "Aw man! What now woman!" "Butchs here." Chibs, still on the phone, demanded he wants to speak to Tig. I handed over the phone. The black haired man on the floor nodded and said the occasional "uhuh". "Yeah I got it." He handed me back my cellphone. "Filip?" "Aye love. The others are awake now, I already told them tha the arsehole is at the lot. Stay inside and lay low. We will be on our way in 15 at least." "Okay, can't wait to see you again." "I know. I can't wait to hold ma gurls in ma arms. Alright. Gotta go. Message me if anything is happening." "I will. Filip?" "Aye lass?" "Drive safe." "Aye. Stay save love." Silence came up between us. "Lizzy?" "Yeah?" "Ya know where this is heading with us?" "Yeah, it's getting pretty serious isn't it?" "Abso-fuckin-lutely. I lo-...." and the line went dead. Fuck! My battery on my cellphone was down and I had no chance to talk to Chibs anymore. I made my way over to Tara to wake her up. She stirred at first, but then realization hit her. "Hey, what's up?" "Can you send Jax a text, that my phone's battery is down... it cut Chibs off mid sentence. I don't want him to worry." "Yeah of course." She took her phone out and typed in a message for Jax. "Thank you Tara." She smiled at me.
Then Tig burst into the clubhouse door, waking almost everyone up. "There's an fucking army out there, all aimed to their teeth.... I guess we need the cavalry to help this time." Happy looked at him. "Call the cops?" "No. Call Unser. I want him to take care of the kids. At least they should be safe." Tara and I shared a glance and we looked at our still sleeping kids.