*- 19 - I have no idea what you see in that git

Start from the beginning

Maybe I could ask him on a date, just a simple butterbeer-at-the-three-broomsticks-date. It would show him I cared, yet it wouldn't be too much. That was a plan.

"Y/N, girls meeting in the dorms!" Angelina screamed from the top of the stairs, which shook me out of my daydream.

"Coming!" I shouted back and ran up the stairs. The girls had gathered on the carpet in the middle of our room and were eagerly waiting for me.

"What's got you guys so excited?" I asked and joined them.

"Oh, nothing. Angelina just has A VALENTINE!" Katie squealed.

"Oh who?" I asked, immediately at their level of excitement.

"Guys relax, it's just a date", she said.

"WHO?" I pushed.

"Well ... remember the Hufflepuff that I was paired with in Potions on day one?"

"The one you hated?"

"Yeah ...".

"Ooh Angie I'm so excited for you!" I said and clapped like a little girl in a sweet shop.

"And now for the actual reason we called you here", Angelina started and crossed her arms. Her eyes landed on me, which worried me slightly. I looked at her confused.

"What about you?" She asked me.

"What about me?"

"Who's your Valentine?" Alicia asked and I tried not to blush, but failed miserably.

"No one", I said.

"Oh no! We're not taking that crap! Admit it!" Katie said and poked a finger in my chest.

"Admit what?" I asked, well aware of the underlying question.

"Admit that you fancy Frederick Weasley!"

"I don't", I kept up.

"You bloody liar! You do!"

"At least a little bit", Angelina said, and for some reason she didn't sound as excited.

"A little bit?" Katie started. "You have a massive crush on him!"

"Come on Y/N, just own up to it!" Alicia said and they all stared at me, waiting.

"Okay, okay, maybe a little bit", I admitted finally. The girls exploded and I sat there for a good 5 minutes until they had calmed down again. Angelina was smiling, but she seemed far away, as if her mind was in another place. What was going on with her? Could she fancy Fred? Oh Merlin then why did I admit that I like him? I was such a bad friend.

"Come on Alicia, we're going to get hot chocolate. We're going to discuss this thoroughly", Katie said and dragged Alicia with her.

"You okay Angie?" I asked and she looked up confused.

"What?"

"What's on your mind? You look down", I said, scared for the answer. She didn't reply, making me even more nervous. She looked so happy at the Yule Ball, of course she liked him. And I was ruining that completely for her. She had always been so good to me and now I told her I have a crush on the guy she liked.

"You like him, don't you?" I asked quietly. I felt so guilty.

"What?" she said again.

"Fred, you like Fred. That's why you're so quiet. I'm sorry Angie, I shouldn't have -"

"What? No, what are you talking about?" She interrupted me.

"You looked so happy at the Yule Ball. I should've noticed", I said and looked down, fiddling with my fingers nervously.

"Y/N, Y/N, Y/N, I don't fancy Fred at all. I was indeed happy at the ball, because I was having fun with my friends! I have no idea what you see in that git", she said and smiled at me genuinely. She was speaking the truth and I felt so much relief.

"Then why do you look down?" I asked. She sighed, so there was something going on.

"I was just wondering ... For how long have you liked Fred?" She looked serious again, which worried me. She was concerned about something.

I opened my mouth to say something, but she cut me off. "I want an honest answer." Damn.

"Uhm... since the beginning of the year, I think", I said and blushed slightly. The serious face turned into a sad frown.

"So when he asked me to the Yule Ball and you were there and during the ball and everything-"

"It's okay Angie. I've dealt with that."

"But you shouldn't have to! Why didn't you tell me? I would have never said yes to him. I'm so sorry." She pulled me into a hug and I could feel that she felt guilty, even though she had no reason to.

"Angie, listen to me. You have nothing to feel sorry for, okay?"

"You said no to Cedric because of Fred, didn't you?" she continued. I didn't answer immediately, so she panicked again.

"Angelina, please, there's more to the story than that."

"I'm so sorry, okay?" She pulled me into a hug again. I knew that I had to tell her everything. I couldn't have her feeling like this when what she believed was not the full truth. But first, she needed to calm down.

"Aww, group hug? Yeah!" Katie came in and hugged us. Alicia put down the cups and did the same thing, even though she was more suspicious.

After our little group moment, we sat down and I took a deep breath.

"I have a lot to tell you guys, but you have to keep it quiet, okay?"