Chapter 2: The Meeting

(Death's PoV)

Today I was sat around, doing nothing. I had tinkered with Anna's code. Made the gas mask a comfy fit along with adding a flashlight, upgrading the camera, and adding a thermal vision. It was pretty neat because it worked as my second face this mask, it had been for almost, 5, maybe 8 years. When I ra-

My train of thoughts was cut off by a sudden ringing of my phone, I looked at the phone and it was Alexandr sending a message to me.

Tachanka

Hey Death, you want a new job?

Me

Depends

Tachanka

Counter-terrorist Organisation, Team Rainbow. Sarah has already said yes to joining and we are meeting up at the [café of your choice] In Herefordshire.

Me

When?

Tachanka

Tomorrow at 3:30 PM, my boss will be there as well. Also if you do show up bring your Gear, it will be easier than going back to Manchester to grab your stuff.

Me

How did you know I was in Manchester?

Tachanka

We have an elite Hacker here named Dokkaebi, she found your location whilst we were messaging.

Me

I should get anna to secure my messages more then. Fine I'm in, I may be a bit late though.

Tachanka

Good, it will be nice to meet up with you again Comrade.

I looked at my clock and noticed it was Half 9, I should probably set up a ticket for the morning journey then get to sleep.

(Time skip of a boring Train Journey.)

I was at the Café, a bit earlier than I thought I would have been but I saw the recognizable face of Alex, and he noticed my Mask. He waved me over and I could see that Sarah was already there along with a different woman, I'm guessing Alex's new boss. I sat down shaking Alex's hand and Sarah giving me a hug, she was always this affectionate to us. I suppose they are my extended family. I embraced the Hug and Returned it. we sat down and Alex introduced me to his boss, Six. I Shook her hand and sat Down.

"So you two, I have a proposition. Would you two like to join Team Rainbow?" Six said as I just sat down. Right to the point ey, but ah well. Sarah started to ask her questions, and they were all at once, like usual, "Where? Why? Who's there? Why us? What's the pay? Can I blow shit up?"

Six looked dumfounded, "Hereford, Because we need your specialties to take down the White Masks, A lot of different Operators, 10k a month and yes, when in the field." Six said, struggling to answer the questions, I simply said, "I don't do that kind of work anymore."

Alex stared at me, and so did Sarah, "Come on comrade, it will be like the good old days." Tachanka tried to persuade, it wasn't successful. "Death, this is a good chance for us. And it's 10k. which is good pay." She also tried to persuade but failed.

"Comrade, let's talk, man to man." Alex started, "I know why you don't want to do this, but you will be helping people who are innocent which can't defend themselves." I started to think about it, I was slowly agreeing, "They need us to help them from the Terrorist organisations which are here to cause disturbances and chaos in our countries."

"Fine, on one condition." I said, "Which is?" Six asked, sort of scared, "No-one but us 4 can know who I am, where I am from, and why I am here. And I only go on missions with these two or by myself." Six was hesitant to say yes but ultimately Agreed.

We got up, after I got a coffee from the shop. And got into the Car. Sarah and Alexandr was talking about the 'Old Times'. Whilst I was staring out of the window, the entire trip. Being silent. As always. It's comforting. I wonder if anyone else I know will be here.

We entered the Base and headed over towards the Office, and we signed our names in, well Sarah did, I only put 'Black Death'. "Death, I have a question. What is your last name? I managed to get your first name from the old SAS archives of you but even they didn't have a last name for you." I sort of stopped in my steps.

"I don't deal with my last name anymore, Death is acceptable. I don't bother with that anymore, I don't bother with my family anymore, although I do regret leaving my sister, she was the only kind one there, butI couldn't live there anymore, so I left. Cut all contact with my family." I replied. And I instantly knew I had said too much, "Sister?" Alex asked, "What was her name?" "I will only say her first name, Meghan." I replied, Six handed me a key to my Dorm and I walked off. To try and get some sleep.

As I was setting my stuff down in my Dorm Sarah joined me, "We are sharing a Dorm, Six wanted to tell you but you stormed out." she said. "And? I don't like talking about my past because I hate it, the only good thing about It was my Sister. I wonder if she even remembers me?" I questioned before closing the door to my room. Locking it and getting in Bed. Fuck waking up tomorrow.