chapter 20- lovers's saga

Start from the beginning

Our nicknames for each were tater tot and sweet pea. Chills went down my spine when she called me that.

Rachel's p/v
Now more than ever do I feel so lonely. Sage is absent, my friend Lily is also absent, and I don't think Piper and Rosemary like me very much. All I want is someone to talk to. It's like I can never hold a relationship or a friendship. I'm the problem. I'm always the problem.

Mary's p/v
Oh good, Darry is still on campus. He's eating an apple while reading a book. I got him where I wanted.
"Hey! Can I sit?"
"Yeah, of course. I'm just waiting for my friends to get their stuff and then we're leaving."
"Well I'm just here to invite you to hang out with me, Tyler, Piper, and Rosemary. You can bring a friend if you'd like."
"When?"
"Today at 7:30. Piper wants to check out a café that serves really good pastries. The owners give a discount of 20% at 7:30 pm."
"Oh I'd love to but I already agreed to hang with somebody else."
"Who?"
He smiles. "My ex."
"You're ex? Are you guys getting back together or something?"
"No, we agreed to just be friends. But to tell you the truth, I'd love to date her again."

I'm so dumb for feeling jealous. I don't like Darry in that way, so why do I wanna tell him to ditch his ex and hang with me instead? I guess I was getting so used to having a popular guy actually talking to me. I have Tyler, and he's popular. Isn't that enough?
"I don't know what to tell you. I mean, there's a reason you guys broke up. But if you really want her then go for it."
"I'm willing to risk everything for Lauren. She's like no one else," Darry looks at his phone, "My friends are at the parking lot. I'll see you in choir. And sorry I can't make it to the café but thank you for the invitation."
"No problem. I'll see you in choir, Darry." I get up and walk away. I want to throw myself off a cliff now.

Tyler's p/v
"Did you see what Erin posted on his Instagram story? He just wants to ruin our high school career." Rosemary frowns.
Mary lays her head against my shoulder. "Ugh, I know right. I get he wants to go down memory lane but middle school is a time that you do not touch. I looked like a total nerd."
"What are you guys talking about?"
"It's better you don't know, Piper."
"But I wanna know!"
Rosemary sighs. "Show her the photos, Mary."

"Awww you look adorable though! What grade was this taken in?" "7th grade during spring break

"7th grade during spring break. Erin, his sister, and I went to Disneyland. Erin loves taking photos of his friends so I'm not surprised he kept this photo, but to post it is another thing."
"I didn't even know you and Erin were friends! How did you guys meet?"
"We were both in Yearbook. I'm showing Piper the photo of you."
"No! Mine is so bad."
"Oh shut up, it's not bad whatsoever."