The New Recruit

2 months. That's how long it's been since Peter Parker first started out as a superhero. Things were going very good so far. He was still trying get the hang of it. He was at an expedition at Star Labs when he was bitten by radioactive spider. He began developing the powers of a spider. He could crawl on walls, he could lift a truck with his bare hands, including super fast reflexes. 

At first Peter became arrogant and confident. He tried to become a wrestler to win $3,000 but the manager of the company only paid him $100. Then a robber came in and stole all the money. Peter could've stopped him but instead let him go. But sadly, because of that, someone very close to him paid the price. That person was his uncle, Ben Parker. The robber shot Uncle Ben and stole his car. Luckily Peter stopped him and was able and the robber was sentenced to life in prison. 

Throughout his childhood, Uncle Ben had told Peter something. Something that Peter would now remember for the rest of his life. With great power comes great responsibility. Peter decided to use his great power to help people for the greater good. He realized that he had to become a hero.

"Help! My baby's in there! Somebody save my baby!" cried a woman. There was a fire and a woman's baby was in there. Out of nowhere, Peter swung into the burning building. He found a baby and swung out of there. The baby was crying but he was okay. Peter handed the baby to the woman.

"Thank you!" The woman said gratefully. Peter nodded and swung away mostly because the police didn't like him. Besides being a superhero, he was just a 13 year old kid in high school.  He didn't really have friends, no one wanted to talk to him. And he could hardly have a conversation with girls. Who would want to date him anyway?

Peter soon landed on a building and decided to relax for a bit before going home. But he then heard the sound of fabric flapping. Looking over his shoulder, Peter saw someone that he thought he would never meet. It was Batman. He was wearing grey uniform with a bat symbol on his chest. He had black gloves and boots with a utility belt around his waist. What also stood out was his cowl with bat ears on each side.

"Spider Man, I've been wanting to meet you for a while." Batman said.

"B-Batman its an honor to meet you." Peter stuttered. The dark knight smirked.

"I've been watching you Spider Man." Batman continued. "I have to say I'm impressed with your work so far. However with a little more guidance, I think you can be a better hero. The Justice League made a team for younger heroes a few months ago, I wanted to ask if you wanted to be apart of it."

Peter was silent for a long moment. He still was new to this superhero thing, and he was still learning. And it might be a good thing to help. So he looked Batman in the eye and bravely said "I would gladly join the team."

The caped crusader smirked, "Excellent, meet me at this exact building tomorrow and I'll introduce you to the team." With that out of the way Batman jumped off the building and left. Peter watched him go and soon grabbed his stuff and swung away. But in his head, he was really excited for what was going to happen tomorrow.