25 ★ Behind the wheel

Start from the beginning

I blush, heat climbing my neck. How embarrassing.

"What else?" I choke out. Hearing about my intoxicated escapades is like watching a car wreck, I want to look away, but I can't.

Cedric scrunches his black eyebrows in though, holding me snuggly in his lap.

"I took you back here, got you cleaned up, and put you to bed." He explains casually as he strokes my hair. I notice I'm in an oversized t-shirt, his I'm assuming, and all my makeup is gone.

He took care of me in my time of need. He washed my face free of the cake of makeup that must've looked like a mess. Put me in his big clothes and comfy bed. Not to mention the Advil.

I wrap my arms tightly around him. My Cherry is everything to me. He's so kind and gentle, so perfect. Words can't describe how I feel about him. Like gravity, he grounds me.

"Thank you." I whisper, holding tight like he might drift away. He sighs, my head going up and down on his chest as his lungs contract.

"You're welcome. I just don't want you doing that again, baby. You scared me to death. Again." I cringe when he reminds me of our fight that wasn't really a fight. I still hold some guilt over all that happened, and this just adds to it.

I feel like I'm going into debt with all the favors hes doing for me.

"I'm sorry. About all of it, especially leaving without telling you." I explain, shaking my head profusely at how stupid I am. How silly I must seem to him. He's in his 30's. He has life figured out, and I'm just a kid fighting reality. He's way too mature for me.

Cedric pulls me back a little bit so he can see me.

"It's fine. I just wish you'd consider my sanity." He presses his lips together. "We were both at fault. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, I was just crazy when I couldn't contact you. Your insecurities didn't help. I wish you could see that you're the only one I want."

I let what he says sink in. I agree with him 100%. I also have new insights to share with him on the topic.

I look into his ruby red eyes and grin.

"After what you did for me last night, I have no more insecurities. Actions speak louder than words." I murmur, leaning in and giving him a kiss full of passion. A thank you kiss, if you will.

He reciprocates, his strong lips sliding against mine with heated breathes. I'm gripping the front of his shirt, twisting the collar in my fists.

His tongue slides into my mouth, and I moan. I get closer, I have to be closer. I start to get antsy. I want more. My life depends on it. My impatience grows with every second of contact. I know he can tell, because he pulls away.

Typical Cherry.

Every time I think we'll take it to the next base he draws back. I wonder when we can go to the next level, or if he will. Maybe he doesn't want to have sex with me. Isn't that ridiculous? Why would he want to be together and not want to sleep with me? Am I not attractive enough?

"Do you not... want me that way?" I ask quietly, a little disappointed. My voice is barely a whisper. His eyes widen at my bold question.

"Of course I do, baby, believe me. I want you too much. It's a constant struggle not to give in." He admits earnestly, his voice all raspy and sexy. He tucks a stray piece of hair away from my cheek. His lips are swollen and glistening from our kisses.

"Then why don't you?" Cedric chuckles at my question. He can tell how frustrated I am, and he's drawing amusement from it.

"I hardly thought you would be the one trying to persuade me into having sex." He muses, staring at my face like I'm the most beautiful girl in the world. I bite my lip, trying not to laugh.