Toby's past pt.1

Toby's pov
Today was my birthday of course lyra wanted to take me somewhere I was turning 16 today actually. On the drive to the place Lyra was taking me there was these two bright yellow lights heading towards us at full speed "Toby what is that I can't see because of the lights" that's when I saw it a huge truck driving on the wrong side of the road " LYRA LOOK OUT" It was my fault my fault that she's dead now if i hadn't startled her maybe just maybe she would be here now.

*three weeks after incident *

It's been three weeks since the incident, three weeks since Lyra's funeral, three weeks for me to find a place to leave when the abuse took a turn for the worst. It was a old two story building at the end of the street that was where u ran at first it was comforting because I believed no one would come here or even live here until that one night. This particular night I was sleeping in the basement of the house that was until I heard noise coming from the kitchen. Me being curious went up stairs to see what it was I of course had a weapon with me a metal bat. When I got their I heard two males talking they said something like "Brian I don't want to help your friend film for his stupid college film okay" Brian I'm guessing then said "oh come on Tim it's not that bad" That's when my stupid twitches got in the way and I fell making a loud thump sound. I freaked out and yelled "who are you people?" Tim I think said " actually kid we live here what..... actually what are you doing In Our house?" "I-I didn't think anyone lived here I'm sorry I'll leave" " actually kid why are you here? where are your parents? do they know where you are? God they could be so worried about you right now!!" "Actually my parents live down the street from here I left home just to come here they think I'm at a 'friends' house but even if I left im pretty sure they wouldn't care" "kid what do you mean about that?" When The man with very pretty sideburns said that I remembered that I was pretty short for my age and told him " my names Toby Erin Rodgers and I'm 16 mister" "..." " YO your the Ridgers son Tim this is the kid I was telling you about" " you mean the one that seemed to never leave his home " " yes, anyways he told us his name I'm telling him ours I'm Brian and sideburns here is Tim now explain to us why you have been sneaking out to live in our house" when he said that I was scared but I told them everything from the car crash to me living in their house for about a week what I didn't tell them was about the abuse.

*two days later*

I had been staying in their guest room until " come on Toby me and Tim are taking you home buddy" I stayed silent and just followed them back to my home. When we got there Tim knocked on the door my mother was at work 24/7 so my dad answered drunk as always " good after noon sir we were wondering if this was your son Tobias " Tim pushed me forward. To say I was scared was and understatement I was petrified and of course when my dad saw me he got mad and slapped me si hard across the face that the impact made me fall even though I still couldn't feel the pain I started to cry " YOU DISGUSTING UNGRATEFUL CREATURE WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO SHOW YOYR FACE HERE AFTER WHAT YOU DID TI YOUR SISTER -" he was cut off from Brian punching him dead in the middle if his face and dragging him back into the house I didn't see what happend afterwards because Tim had picked me up and took me back to their house. Brian was still at my house when Tim started questioning me " Toby why didn't you tell us?" " I didnt want you guys to worry about me" " you know what toby your not gonna going home anytime soon and i mean it and if you do go home your taking me with you understood" "understood Timmy."

* 3 years later*
Me, Brian, and Tim have started to get along really well I even gave them nicknames Beian is Hoodie because he always wears the same hoodie every day and Tim is Timmy. I learned over the years that Timmy was younger then hoodie by 2 years, Timmy is 22 and Hoodie is 24 I turned 19 last week but last week was the day they left without telling me it hurt but then I thought maybe something came up and they would contact someday they didn't I started staying home more for the sake of my mother but the voices kept telling they got tired of you, your pathetic, weak no one would ever love you I think that I might have fallen in love with Tim he was always there for me so sweet and kind. Tonight was the night I was going to kill my dad I had gotten the knife and went to the living room my 'dad' was passed out on the couch I killed him I stabbed the knife right through his head it was a nice calm feeling so I repeated it and kept repeating it until I heard my mom scream she yelled at me " Toby why would you do such a thing how could you" I ran far all the way to the garage I grabbed two of my favorite hatchets a gas tank and some matches it was time my past burned and died along with me. I ran through the neighborhood pouring gasoline out behind me the only house that I didn't go near was their house I couldn't bring myself to go near the house I had lived in for 3 years with loving caring people as the canister went empty I tossed it aside and lit a match then I let go flames erupted all around me the voices were there but not for long until there was a voice that stood out the most IT IS NOT YOUR TIME CHILD then I blacked out.

So watcha think of it the next chapter will be out tomorrow this book is going to be a collab between me and irenealex1106 yes we both know this isn't the real origin but s/he/they decided to go with my version instead of the original origin so that the plot would be better
Word count: 1141 words