The text

"Seriously Rome?" Shiza says from the corner slapping her forehead. I glare back at her and she shrugs.

"Green...like your eyes." Asher says looking deep into my eyes.

My face turns red and it feels like we're having a moment until Shiza pipes up, "oh for the love of Allah! Please stop it burns! I hope you two will be moving out into a house together instead of living with us. I don't think I can watch this everyday!" She says groaning in between.

Me and Asher stare at her for a few seconds before she says, "ok ok I'm sorry I won't talk anymore. Continue, please continue." She says putting a hand to her face.

"I actually did purchase an apartment, and if uh you uh Romaisa say yes, we can inshallah move into that." Asher says looking away and rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

Damn, this dude thought of everything. "That's uh sounds good. I uh I'm going to--"

"Wait! You can't say yes yet! Hold on I gotta videotape!" Shiza says standing up and scrounging through her purse grabbing her phone out. "Okay go."

"Ok uh so as I was saying, uh I'm just going to go the bathroom, I'll be right back." I says while getting up. Asher nods looking tensed.

"SERIOULSY ROMAISA? Can't you hold your pee for goodness sakes? Fine fine go along just hurry up my batteries about to die." Shiza says throwing a rubber band at me. Since her hand and eye aim is like negative five instead of it hitting me, it hits Asher in the head. He grumbles an ow while rubbing his forehead. I quickly walk out of the living room.

I was going to say yes but then I couldn't breathe! Stepping into the washroom, I try calming myself down. Come on Romey, you can do this. Just deep breaths. In and out. In and out. In and out.

Okay you got this, just go in there say sorry for taking a while and then say yes. Fixing up my hijab, I finally step out of the bathroom. Taking in one more gulp of air I make my way to the living room.

"She's going to say no Shiza, I thought you were positive. Why is this so stressful?" I hear Asher's voice urgently whisper. "Shut up she's not going to say no." Shiza says back.

At least I know it's not only me that's nervous. I step into the living room and head back to my spot. I feel both their gazes on me as I play with the ring on my finger.

"Sorry for taking so long." I start rubbing my palms to get the sweat off. "Oh no it's fine, totally cool." Asher says pulling at his collar.

We hear the beep of a camera starting to video tape, I look over and see Shiza giving us a thumbs up. Ya Allah this girl.

"Yes." I blurt out before I can properly think.

Asher's head pops up,"huh?"

"I said yes. I'll marry you." I say with the too familiar heat raising up to my cheeks.

Asher's grin gets wider, "yay!" He says awkwardly giving a thumbs up. Oh my Allah. The fudge did he just do.

He mouths sets in a grimace quickly noticing he just embarrassed himself big time. "Uh I mean that's great. I'm happy." This time he dosnt look me in the eye instead he looks towards the wall hangings and runs his hand through his soft hair.

I look away too, my fingers tingling. They want to be the ones that run through his hair. We hear the beep again and the voice of Shiza whome apparently we had both forgotten was there, "yes finally! I'm going to go call them in don't do anything naughty!" She says waving a finger at us.

As she walks out we sit in a very awkward silence. I look up at him at the same time he does. His hazel eyes bore into mine as he gives me his famous grin. I shyly smile back. "You good?" He asks gently. I nod replying, "great."