Happenings

Oh my Allah, this is so embarrassing. And also so haram I can't let him be touching me. Problem is though that my stupid leg isn't cooperating. I have to push it back in place but since I'm in awkward angle I can't reach it.

Ya Allah why are you making this so difficult. Asher's cheeks are bright red just like mine as he slowly starts to raise me. Oh no..

"No no no wait! Don't push me up! I need to put uh my leg back in place," I say awkwardly. 'Put my leg back in place'? Nice wording Romaisa, real great.

His face morphs in confusion and then finally getting it he nods fixing his arms around me very awkwardly I must say. It's like I can hear him saying 'Astaghfirullah, Astaghfirullah, 'Astaghfirullah' over and over in his head. I know I am.

He nods his head towards Shiza, while I try to do something with my hand that is loosely hanging onto his arm. "So uh Shiza could you get that for her?... Stop grinning like that you idiot, come help!" Asher says to a smirking Shiza and Nathan.

"Oh oh of course dear cousin I shall help this maiden that is in thee arms for if I don't you will bestow my name, behead--" Asher cuts her off with a glare and a "stop". I swear she's going to get this.

She laughs to herself and then comes down to my leg. I've taught this girl to do it in case of times like this. Asher looks at me when a small wince escapes my mouth. "Shiza...be careful." He says slowly still looking at me. I blush and look away. I finally feel my leg free and moving and Asher slowly raises me up, looking around shyly. I would've laughed at his face, but that would be hyprotical, I bet my face is the exact same right now. Embarrassed, blushed, and shy.

"Thanks Shiza." I say to her while glaring. She grins and bows before leaving me with Asher...again.

"Oh and uh thank you too uh Asher." I say while looking downwards.

"No problem, and I think it was that old lady who ran into you....with the wheelchair."

I look towards where he is pointing and my face turns sad as I find myslef looking at an old fragile woman, in a wheelchair running a hand over a fabric. She's wearing a loose grey hijab and a plain white dress that stops at her knees. The rest, pants. Her other arm seems to look like it dosnt work and her legs too....

"You good?" He randomly asks, I look back at him and say, "great."

I smile and walk away to find Shiza. This is why I'm grateful for my injury not being that severe. Alhamdullilah....the poor woman though.

I begin to walk up to her to see if she needs any help but before I can an old man comes up to her wheelchair from behind and leans down even though it looks like it hurts him. He kisses her cheek and I can't help but smile along with the woman and man. What a beautiful relationship, someday I will have that too with the man that is right for me inshallah. Looking back I find Asher smiling at them too, he catches my eye and we hold our gaze intensely for a second before I turn away, ruining our moment.