Omar and his ties

After the hectic afternoon I come home to find my mom and brother covered in flour. I can't help but laugh as I watch my 6 year old brother, Zakariyah, try to lick some off his elbow.

"Mama, what happened? A tornado of flour?"

She laughed and cleans Zakariyahs face, "it's this little monsters fault. He just had to help with the cooking. Anyways go get ready, your sister and Omar are coming over for dinner." Omar was my elder sisters husband, they had gotten married about a year ago and are expecting a baby girl soon.

I nodded and headed towards the stairs, on my way I saw my father in his usual seat which is infront of the t.v with an Arab drama on. I grinned and walked towards him, my fathers rarely home, he's a business owner and works from nine till ten. I guess today was an exception.

"Habibti! Don't do that! Wallah you gonna give me a heart attack! Do you want to see this old man go? Huh do you?"

I laughed as I stopped hugging my father from behind, I went around the sofa and sat beside him. "No baba of course not! Shouldn't you be getting ready though? Aimen and Omar are coming you know."

He put an arm around me and said, "oh those two, what a burden they are, I thought marrying her off would get rid of that "too cool for her father " girl!"

I laughed and said, "you know she loves you baba,"

"Of course she does! Who used to buy her those fifty dollar jeans?"

I laughed again and said, "you baba you,"

He grinned at me and said, "how's the leg doing? Not hurting?"

I sighed and said with a smile,"nope I don't even feel it."

My dad had payed a lot for a prosthetic leg that was highly advanced and I didn't lie, I actually couldn't feel it all.

"Good, good. Remember habibti, it was for a reason,"

I sighed and nodded again, just when things were going to an awkward silence, Zakariyah came in and jumped onto my fathers lap.

"Baba look what I can do!" He said while cross eyeing his eyes. I giggled a bit and my father laughed, "good job! I always wanted a son that could do that!"

Zakariyah giggled as baba tickled him. I smiled and left them to their own, I had to get ready anyways.

---

Looking through my closet I found a white maxi skirt and a black blouse, I paired it with my black and white hijab and I was ready to go. I really liked Omar, he could make any time a fun time. Aimen and Omar met in university when they were both 20. After two years of studying together they realized they liked each other and since they had to keep it halaal, Omar came right the next day with his family (he was an only child) and asked for her hand. My mother was delighted because Omar's mother was a close friend of hers. So they accepted and a few months later Aimen and Omar were married. A happy life they shall live inshallah.

Now my mother just hopes for me to get married. I'm twenty one and in university studying fashion, the one thing I truely love. I dream of opening my own fashion store that'll sell anything for any religion. Inshallah my dream will come true. All I need is a husband to help me through with it.

We had about 7 proposals come in for me, I mostly suspected they came just because they heard that my family had a lot of money. But once they heard about my leg...zoop faster then a torpedo through the door.

I go down the stairs just as I hear the bell ring, I open the door and smile as my sister comes in with her huge tummy and hugs me.

"You just get prettier everyday don't you little sis?" I smile as I hug her back, taking in her warm honeynut smell. "And your tummy just keeps getting bigger everyday dosnt it?

She laughs and lightly slaps my shoulder, going to my mother and father who stand behind me, but before she can even hug them we all hear tiny Zakariyah scream as he runs toward the open door, "OMAAARRRRR!!!"

Then we hear a manlier scream as Omar comes through the door with the worst looking tie ever. "ZACKYYYYY!!!"

This is normal, those two love each other more than anything. It's also normal for Omar to be sporting a very bad looking tie. He always comes to our house with a different one each time, I swear the dude has like a million. This ones blue but it has red zigzags and green polka dots. However much times you tell him to stop with the ties he'll go and buy more. Even Aimen can't change that habit of his.

After an infinity the two finally stop hugging and he greets me with a pat to the hijab and a "hey little bunny" thrown my way. He will never stop with that either.

We all settle down for dinner to my mothers amazingly cooked dinner. Omar and Zackariyah are talking about some Pokemon game while mama, baba and Aimen talk together. I play with my food but then stop because food is awesome and shall not be played with.

The rest of the night goes great as Omar and Zackariyah break two glasses and baba starts yelling at both of them while Aimen sighs. Then they all insist on looking at a new dress that I made for the baby girl Aimen is going to have. After ooing and aaing, Omar doesn't look where he is going and trips over the chair causing him to twist his ankle. Aimen takes him to the hospital and we all call it a night.

~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~

CHAPTER THREE DONEY DONE

not edited so feel free to point out mistakes

Please tell me what you thought with a comment

Hope you all have a nice day!