Chapter 73 - Codominance

Start from the beginning

Stiles lifts one side of his mouth in a small smile when I look over to him. I reach out and set my hand on Liam's forearm "Bub, we don't blame you for what happened" I stress as convincingly as I can, earning him to shake his head as he moves his eyes between Stiles and I "How could you not? I almost killed him, I made it so he was weak enough that Theo actually–"

"Theo. This was all Theo." I interrupt quickly with a shake of my head and reassuring squeeze of his arm.

Liam draws his brows inwards, hesitant to believe me before I continue "He used your emotions that were already on high alert from the Super Moon and for what was happening to Hayden. He took advantage of your anger and set you on a path you couldn't snap out of on your own. He made Scott vulnerable, he did everything in his power to make sure this was going to happen the way that it did."

I shrug and add on a little lighter tone "Now– is it not particularly ideal that you were a pawn and did fight Scott, injuring him pretty badly? Yes, completely not ideal– however it's not unfixable."

Liam shakes his head a few times before he drops his eyes to the ground by our feet "he seems pretty mad, but it's like a silent mad– which is worse and I don't know what to do to fix it."

I make a noise and set my hands on his shoulders, waiting until he looks up and connects his eyes with mine before I offer thoughtfully "I think we all just need a little time to recover from the train wreck that was Theo Raeken."

Liam huffs with my words, looking towards the house and me a few times before he nods his head "be safe in Mexico, see you guys when you get back."

Not really wanting to get into the debate again, I smile warmly at him and hug him quickly "You stay safe too"

Liam leaves and not long after Scott walks out, coming to a stop next to Stiles beside the hood of Roscoe.

Stiles looks up at him, nodding towards the empty driveway "So, what did he want?"

Scott shrugs as he answers quickly "To help."

I set my hands on the opposite side of the hood from him as I implore towards him "You gonna let him?"

Scott takes a moment, lifting one of his hands off of Roscoe to nod "Eventually, I guess."

Stiles makes a noise gaining our eyes as he moves his between us on either side of him "Okay, but shouldn't he be a little higher on your priority list right now? I mean, since he's the only other actual werewolf, your only actual Beta."

"You didn't see the way that he came at me– you didn't see the look in his eyes" Scott argues and Stiles is quick to counter "Well, we've been with you on a full moon, so definitely have seen that look."

I make a noise and push off of the hood to stand closer to Stiles, "Plus it was his first Super Moon slash mind fuck from Theo as his girlfriend was dying and you wouldn't give her the bite– think he deserves a one time free pass on this one, or at least a quick silent treatment."

Scott ponders that for a second before I shrug and elaborate further "Quick as in the length of this road trip to save your girlfriend"

Stiles snorts before he addresses him again "You want to get the band back together, Scott, you don't leave out the drummer."

I smirk with his analogy before Stiles looks over to me and nods towards the front seat "All right, can you give it a try babe?"

Nodding, I turn on my heels and climb into the front seat, grasping the key in the ignition and turning it.

The engine makes a noise before it turns over properly and Stiles widens his eyes, moving them from me to the engine that is running away smoothly "Success! Yes!"