Sophia stood tall, her hands folded neatly on her stomach. She looked confident, and caring. I walked over to her, my eyes refusing to meet hers.

I stopped a few feet in front of her. I felt her laugh slightly and she closed the distance between us and gave me a hug. I stood there shocked at first, but my arms wrapped around her nonetheless.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you dear. I've heard so much about you." She pulled back, her finger lifting up my chin. My eyes met hers, a small smile forming on my face. She tilted my face to the side her other hand grabbing my cheeks and squishing them slightly.

"High cheekbones, strong jaw, beautiful eyes..." She continued to move my face around in her hands, examining my every feature.

"You'll produce strong and beautiful pups that's for sure." Her smile only grew as I stepped out of her hold. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this certainly wasn't it.
Sophia reaches her arms back out again, a humorous look on her face. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you dear. I was only wanting to see what features might get passed down to my grandpups. And might I just say you honey are gorgeous."

I averted my eyes from hers and back down onto the floor. I felt a small blush creeps its way onto my face at her compliment.

"Come darling, let us sit down."

She takes my hand and places me down in the seat in the living room. Once we sat down, her eyes clouded over as she seemed to be mind linking someone. She blinks a couple of times once shes finished, and two seconds later another maid came in with a tray of tea and small pastries on it.

I watch as Issac's mom grabs a tea cup and a plate with a croissant on it. I felt her stare at me when it came my turn to grab something. I settled with a coffee cup and what looked to be a blueberry scone. The maid left the tray on the table, and with a bow, she left the room.

I watched as she disappeared through the doors, but before I got too lost in my thoughts, I turned back around and stared back down at the black coffee sitting in my hand.

"Well, from what I've heard, you've had a tough life before coming here."

I wasn't sure how to respond, so I simply nodded before reaching out to grab two creams and sugars. I added them to my coffee, trying to ignore the nervous butterflies that came with this topic.

"Your father didn't use to be like the way he is. He was a kind man for many years. Its a shame that he changed. I'm not exactly all that sure what clicked inside of him that turned him so ruthless."

I tried to push back the tears that were starting to form. I wanted to appear strong to her. I didn't want her to see that I was weak. I wasn't sure why but I felt the need to prove myself to her.

"It happened the night my mother died. It was like that moment caused a button to be pressed. One that caused him to turn so aggressive." I was surprised that I had managed to say that with such a strong voice. It took everything in me to try and act so brave.

"I see. Mates will affect you in a lot of ways. I can't possibly imagine the pain of losing your soul mate"

I felt the tears sting my eyes. I knew that my father went through something excruciating that no one should ever go through. But it still never gave him the right to treat me the way he did. He wasn't the only one who had lost someone. I lost not only my mother that day but my father too.

He was like a different man from that day on.

I noticed out of the corner of my eye that she had dropped her tea cup on the floor while reaching for the honey bear on the table in front of us.