Chapter 11

The next morning, I was up early. I got a shower, and changed into some more suitable training clothes. Yesterday I stuck with some yoga pants, and a regular t shirt, and I ended up sweating my butt off all day. I went downstairs and grabbed a cup of coffee. I also took a small bowl of fruit, and some toast. I was debating on eating it downstairs, but I didn't want to see Isaac.

I ran up the stairs, and quickly ran into my room. After finishing my breakfast and coffee. I was not looking forward to training today. I knew Isaac was gonna show up, and it was gonna be hard pushing him away. But it needed to be done.

I was down at the training fields right as dawn struck. I was planning on training some on my own, in hopes that maybe I wouldn't have to come across Isaac. I spent most the morning working on cardio. I ran in human form for another 10 miles, this time at my own pace. It felt nice not having Axel yell at me to run faster.

Shortly after I got back, I saw Axel working with some wolves who were sparring. He spotted me, and a flash of confusion went across his face. I ran over to him and gave him a kind smile. "Morning." I was hoping he wouldn't question me.

"Morning? I see your up early."

I sighed looking around. My sides hurt, and I felt extremely week due from yesterday. "Yep. I decided I wanted to start training early today. I figured it would be cooler to train in the morning." I was only lying a little. It was nice out right now. The crisp air was cold enough to see your breath.

"I see. So, you ready to start training with your wolf?"

"Yep. Let's do this."

Axel and I walked to the edge of the forest. He instructed me to change and shift. I did warn him about me not shifting for a while, and he said it was okay. He was going to work with other wolves until I was in wolf form and ready.

I climbed behind the tree, and stripped. I pictured my wolf in my head, and closed my eyes and began to shift. I felt a sharp pain come over my body and I fell to the ground holding my side. I felt each bone break and reform into their new position. I knew it was gonna take a while to shift fully due to me not shifting so long.

It honestly felt like it was the first time I was shifting. Everything around me spun as my body ached in pain during the shift. I wanted to scream, but nothing would come out. Eventually, after a very long fifteen minutes, the pain finally stopped. I relaxed, panting in and out. I was weak enough as it is. Now I felt like I had been hit by a bus. Opening my eyes, I saw the world much sharper again. I stood up, but wobbled a little bit. I forgot what it was like to be in wolf form.

All of my senses were much sharper now. My hearing was great, and I could smell everything so much better now. I could now hear the rabbit that is about 200 feet to my left. I felt my wolfs excitement and her conscious flood my mind once again. "It's good to be back."

We walked out onto the field, easily spotting Axel. He looked over at me and his eyes widened. "Wow! Luna, you never told me your wolf was white!"

It was very rare for a wolf to be white. Most were gray, or black. Many were also tanned. But a white wolf was something that many had only heard about in stories. It was the only thing I loved about myself for so long. My father made me learn to hate it, though.

I rolled my eyes, and Axel shrugged. "Hey, your wolf is rare. You should be proud."

I just sat down and stared at him. He sighed, and looked around. "Alright, c'mon. Let's get started."

He started me off with testing my speed by having me race another wolf. As we ran through the forest, I was ahead by a few feet. I was about to run back into the clearing, when I tripped over something and fell to the ground with a yipe. The other wolf jumped over me and continued until he passed Axel. Axel held his head in his hands, groaning loudly.

"You would have been dead if that was a life or death situation. You need to learn better control."

I stood up, shaking my fur to get the leaves and dirt off. My paw was bleeding, and when I tried to take a step, it buckled underneath me. I fell to the ground again with another wine.

"You're hurt." Axel mumbled to himself and ran over to me. He made it over and went to take my paw, but it hurt so bad I began to growl. He let go, and I brought it closer to me, glaring at him while licking my paw. "It looks serious. We better get you to a pack doctor."

My paw was pretty bloody. The other wolf had shifted and he stood there in a pair of shorts, picking up a large piece of broken glass. "I think she tripped over a bottle and it broke when she landed on it."

I looked at my paw, now noticing the small shards of glass stuck in my paw. Axel sighed, running a hand through his hair. "It will hurt too much for you to shift back now. I'll just have to carry you to the doctors like that. Try to hold still."

I sighed heavily as he picked me up, and he began to walk into the forest. Luckily, it wasn't all that far away. We were there in five minutes. When we walked in, the lady at the front desk greeted us and lead us to a back room. A few short minutes later, the doctor walked in.

He looked over a stack of papers and sat them down on the table next to me. He put on some surgical gloves and smiled at me.

"Good morning, Luna. I see that you seem to have got some broken glass in your paw. Let's have a look now." He reached down, gently taking it and looking at it closer. "The glass is pretty stuck down in your paw. If you shift, there's a pretty good chance it will move closer to the surface of your hand. I'll give you a robe to change into when you are done. I'll be waiting in the hall."

He walked into the hall, grabbed a robe, and came back in. Handing me it, both him and Axel walked out. I imagined my human form, and soon my bones shifted and re-positioned themselves into their original form. My hand was covered in blood and it was looking pretty bad. I winced as I put on the robe. The doctor knocked on the door, and I hollered a "come in".

As he walked in, I saw Isaac follow shortly behind. He quickly rushed in and took my good hand in his. He looked at me all over, checking to see if I was hurt anywhere else. I pulled my hand away and looked down. "I'm fine."

Isaac looked slightly hurt, but the doctor was quick enough to cut him off before he could speak. He grabbed a pair of tweezers and grabbed my hand. Next to him was a cart with a bowl. He slowly pulled out some pieces of glass. Surprisingly it didn't hurt that bad. The doctor was right, most of the glass got pushed up when I shifted. Soon, all the glass was out, and he bandaged up my hand.

"You wont need stitches. You'll most likely be fully healed by tomorrow night. I'm gonna give you some cream to keep it clean. Apply it twice today and once tomorrow. Let me know if you have any problems with the cream."

The doctor pulled a small box out of his cabinet and handed it to me. I took it, thanking him and got up. Axel had went and got my clothes and brought them back. I changed into them, and we began to walk back to the pack house.

The walk consisted of an awkward silence. Isaac had tried to talk to me, but I told him that I wasn't in a "talking" mood. When we finally got to the house, Isaac finally broke the silence.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a white wolf?"

I shrugged again, and Isaac groaned. He threw his hands in the air, irritation readable through his features.
"What's wrong? You've been acting weird all morning. I went to check on you earlier this morning, to find that you were gone and nowhere to be found. Luckily, Axel had spotted you before I sent out a search party. Now you're all distant." His annoyance died down. I stood there, flinching at his words. He sighed once, and went to touch my arm, but I moved back. "I'm sorry for yelling, its just... I really want to be your mate, but you're making this harder than its supposed to be. You can talk to me."

I didn't know what to say. I stayed silent, looking at the ground. I finally cleared my throat, looking up at him. "I came from a past that had no love. You have to learn that it's so weird to all the sudden be expected to accept love. Everything in my nature is telling me to be with you, but I can't. There's too much that you don't know. I'm not meant to be with you."

With that said, I took off and ran back to the pack house. I stormed upstairs, slamming my bedroom door shut and locked it. I threw myself on the couch, and winced at the pain in my hand. I began to cry. I heard knocks on the door but I tuned them out.

I just needed to be alone.