Not So Happy Campers Part 2

Isa's POV

        So... Here was everyone, in our bathing suits. Standing over a 1,000 foot cliff. Looking down to what could be our death beds soon enough. Remind me why Joanna and I signed up for this? Oh yeah. Money.

        "Oh shit." I heard DJ say. Oh yeah. I agree with him. We all looked at Chris, maybe he has some answers to why we're here. "Okay. Today's challenge is three-fold." He explained. "Your first task is to jump off this one-thousand-foot high cliff, into the lake."

        "Piece of cake." I heard Bridgette say. Oh Scheiße please don't jinx it. "If you look down, you will see two target areas." I looked down to see the targets. 'Why exactly two targets? Maybe for higher points?' I thought to myself.

        "The wider part area represents the part of the lake that we have stocked with psychotic, haha, man-eating sharks." "What now? Sharks?!" I exclaimed. Who lets teenagers jump off a cliff into shark infested waters?! Is he mad?! "Inside that area is a safe zone. That’s your target area. Which, we’re pretty sure, is shark free."

        LeShawna looked at him, "Excuse me?" "'Pretty sure'?" I questioned. Chris ignored us, and kept on, "For each member of your team that jumps and actually survives, there will be a crate of supplies waiting below. Inside each crate are supplies that you'll need for the second part of the challenge... building a hot tub." My eyes widened. Hot tub? For real? We can build our OWN hot tub?

        "The team with the best one gets to have a wicked hot-tub party tonight. The losers will be sending someone home." He looked over to our team, "Let's see. Killer Bass. You're up first." Bridgette looked down, "Oh wow." She said, then looked at us, "So, who wants to go first?" We all stayed quiet. Clearly no one wanted to go.

         "Hey don't sweat it guys!" Owen said, "I heard that these shows always make the interns do the stunts first, to make sure it's surviveable." Not that comforting, but I think it put a few people at ease. "So, who's up?" Eva asked. "Ladies first." Duncan said.

     Bridgette soon stepped up, "Fine. I'll go. It's no big deal, just an insane cliff dive into a circle of angry sharks." And with that she jumped off, and we watched as she fell down. We all were relieved when she fell into the safe zone. "Way to go Bridgette!" I called out to her, smiling as Tyler went up next. "She did it. Yeah! Yeah! I'm next." He cheered as he jumped off, screaming, "COWABUNGA!" I winced when I saw he hit one of the buoys, but hey, at least he made it to the safe zone as well. Soon everyone else followed behind.

      "Woo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo!" "Look out below!" Duncan jumped off as well, but didn't really say anything. We turned to DJ, who looked scared. "Uh-uh. No way man. I'm not jumping." "Scared of heights?" Chris asked. "Yeah. Ever since I was a kid."

      Poor thing. I've met a few people who are scared of heights. If they were in my shoes, they would shit themselves and run away.

       "That's okay, big guy." Chris said, "Unfortunately, that also makes you a chicken. So you'll have to wear this for the rest of the day." He said as placed a chicken hat on DJ's head. "Aw man. For real?" Chris's only answer was making chicken noises, and pointed behind him, "That means the chicken path down is that-a-way. Next."

       Ezekiel followed behind and jumped off, shouting "Yee-haw!" As he hit a piece of the cliff, but still made it to the safe zone and we all cheered. Hey. What works works.

        "Yes!" Harold joined in as he jumped off. He landed safely. Can't say the same for his you-know-what. We all winced as he landed on the water while doing the splits and sunk down. Even the sharks felt bad for him. "Oh. Hate to see that happen." I heard Chris say.