Chapter 9

(Y/n) P.O.V.

We stand in front of a poster. A missing poster for Edward Corcoran. It covers a poster of Betty, and underneath that, a poster of me. "They say they found part or his arm all chewed up by a standpipe." Mike oh-so-helpfully contributes. I know Pennywise did this "It's like she's been f-f-forgotten ever since Corcoran went missing." Bill points out. "That's what it was like for me when Betty went missing wasn't it?" I say, more of a statement rather then a question. "Will it ever end?" Bev asks. "I actually think it will, for a little while at least. When I was going over my research, I was marking out all the big events. The Ironworks explosion in 1908, the Bradley Gand in '35, the Black Spot in '62, Now kids being..... I realized this stuff happens-" "Every 27 years." Bill finishes for Ben.

"So let me get this straight. It comes out from wherever to eat kids for like a year, and then what? It goes into hibernation?" Richie exclaims. I don't like talking about this. Pennywise is coming for us, and I'm scared. I can't protect them anymore. "Maybe it's like cicadas, the bug that comes out every 17 years." Stan explains. "My grandfather thinks this town is cursed." Mike adds. "He says that every bad thing that happens in this town are because of one thing. And evil thing that feeds off the people of Derry." He continues.

I nod, knowing his grandfather is right. "But it can't be one thing. We all saw something different." Stan says, obviously scared. I shake my head. "No, it is one thing." All eyes are on me. "It, Pennywise, is like this demon who shows you your worst fear. It feeds off of your fear. It tried to find what I was scared of, but couldn't, but It knows what all of us are scared of now. It doesn't just eat people, It makes their last living moments terrifying hell." I explain darkly. "I-I saw a leper. It was like a walking infection." Eddie says, frightened as hell at the memory. I pat his shoulder a little in comfort, which makes him smile at me. Butterflies roar in my stomach at his cute as fuck smile.

"But you didn't." Stan objects. "Because It isn't real. None of this is real. Not Eddie's leper, not Bill seeing Georgie, not the woman I keep seeing." I grow a little angry. "Is she hot?" Richie asks. The urge to laugh is pushed down by my anger. "No Richie, she's not hot. Her face is all messed up." Stan retorts. I stand up "What about me, Stan? Are you saying me being trapped in a gross ass sewer, life on the line constantly, desperate to be free, wasn't real? Because trust me, it isn't a bad dream." I rant. Stan looks away in embarrassment. "I'm with (Y/n), I know the difference between real life and a bad dream." Make adds, backing me up. "What did you see?" I ask whilst sitting back down.

"You guys know that burnt down house on Harris Avenue? Well I was inside when it burned down. Before I was rescued, my mom and dad were trapped in the next room over to me. They were pushing and pounding in the door, trying to get to me, but it was too hot. When the firefighters found them, the skin of their hands melted down to the bone. We're all afraid of something." Mike shares. I look at him sympathetically. "Got that right." Richie says dismally. "Why, Rich? What are you afraid of?" I ask. He shudders. "Clowns." Well fuck. I scoff. "You are so screwed." I say.