Chapter Twenty-Six

Louis

Flynn and I spend a lot more time together after she tells me what she went through.

We mostly play football, watch telly, and go for ice cream.

And I know now that I don't love her the way I used to.

I love her like a friend, maybe even like a sister, but not romantically.

But more than Flynn, I find myself thinking about my lost memories.

I'm alone in my room one day, around five.

Flynn's coming for dinner at six, and I'm just trying to waste time until she's here.

It's rather boring, being here all day with no school.

I never thought I'd actually miss school, but it was something to do.

Though I'm sure as a member of a famous band, I found plenty of things to do, not that I remember any of them.

A band probably takes a lot of time.

Especially a famous one.

Eventually, I start my computer and go to YouTube.

I probably shouldn't be doing this, it's only going to hurt, but I need to.

I search for old videos of One Direction.

I find videos from their – our – time on the X-Factor.

Video diaries of us, fooling around on a set of stairs.

I want to remember.

-

In the first video, we introduce ourselves. I don't remember any of this. But we all say hi and ask for questions and that's it.

The second video, I can see myself in what I do on the screen. But it doesn't feel like me, because I just don't remember any of it.

We're just clowning around, on screen, having fun and laughing and joking and I want that back, I want back whatever closeness we had in the videos.

All the way through the tenth video, the last one, I'm fooling around and it's so obvious how close I am to the other boys.

I want that back.

-

I am watching videos for much longer than I think.