Chapter Thirty-Four

***hey so this first section they're visiting zayn there isn't really any mention of suicide but just in case it triggers someone i'll do a tl;dr anyway***

Louis

That evening, we head to visit Zayn.

The whole group heads to Robin's room first, and Niall helps her into bed. Flynn stays with her. Flynn's never met Zayn, and Robin's tired.

The rest of us head to the psych ward, two floors above us.

We have to sign in, and they search our belongings for anything that could be dangerous. They take Liam's gum, promising to give it back to him when we leave.

Then we're led through two sets of doors that lock behind us.

I don't want Zayn to be in here.

But he is.

A nurse takes us to a room where a few families are waiting.

The five of us wait, Callin in a wheelchair and the rest of us standing awkwardly by the wall. There are tables set out, but we don't sit.

None of the other families do, either.

A few minutes later, the doors open, and the patients enter.

And there's Zayn, in brown hospital scrubs, his hair a mess.

He sees us, and then Callin, and he smiles a very small smile.

He takes a seat at a table, and we all join him.

"You're alright" he says to Callin.

"Yeah" she says. "And I remember everything. I'm glad you're alright."

"Me too, actually" he says.

I can't help but smile at that.

He's going to be alright.

He wants to be.

He wants to live.

I'm so happy for him.

"How's it been?" Callin asks him.

"Actually alright" he says. "The other people aren't so bad, and there was this group therapy thing that was actually kind of helpful."

I never thought of Zayn needing help.

But he's getting it.

And that's definitely a good thing.

Maybe soon the band will be back. We can start making music again, be there for the fans, all this drama over and done with. I want us back together.

I want us to be happy.

I think maybe we have a chance at that now.

A chance to get back to the way things were.

I want that back.

Callin is awake, and Zayn is getting help, and we're all together again. We can go on tour, we can make music. I miss being able to focus on that. Our music, the reason we're even together.

"I'm glad you're getting help" Callin says. "That's important."

"Yeah, and you'll be back soon" Niall says.

Zayn looks happy about that, smiling at us all.

It's nice to see.

Now that I think about it, even before we knew about the drinking, he hadn't been smiling much.