Chapter Thirty-Five

***warning for zayn's part, he talks about suicidal thoughts and depression, nothing specific but still, if that's gonna bother you skip the part that's in his pov, i'll do a tl;dr at the bottom***

Liam

They station members of security outside our flats.

All day and all night, they stay there.

Otherwise, nothing else changes.

Paul thinks that if someone wanted to hurt us more than they already did, they would've gone after us again since the party.

Especially when Louis was home, with no protection at all.

So we get back to normal.

I wonder what Annalise is doing right now.

I texted her when Callin recovered, even though I knew she wouldn't get it until she's released.

A few days after the phone call, we have another interview.

All five of us on stage, together on one couch.

The way it should be.

"It's nice to see you all here together" the interviewer says, and we all agree.

"We're mostly back to normal, and it's a nice feeling" Louis says.

We announce a few small concerts around London, and a potential tour a few months from now. Paul doesn't think it'd be smart to do a tour until we're sure the danger has passed.

I don't know that the others think about it.

I think we might actually be safe now.

-

Annalise

"Last Monday lunch!" Jack cheers for me.

He's been making an effort to be happy about me leaving.

And he's doing such a good job of it, he's happier than I am.

"I won't miss the food here" I say, before taking a bite of my sandwich.

I don't like it, but I have to eat it anyway.

"Are you excited to go home?" Jack asks.

"Yeah, I miss Mum a lot" I reply. "Dad, too. And I know they miss me, they've sent enough letters to fill like three bathtubs."

Jack laughs.

"I don't exactly miss Mum, as I don't actually remember her being my Mum" he says. "But I'm sure she misses me."

"Of course she does" I say. "And you'll work so hard once I've left, you'll get out in no time. Then you, me, and Callin can meet for coffee and be friends in the real world."

"I like the way that sounds" he says, smiling sadly.

"Soon" I reply. "Soon we'll all be out there."

I can't wait for it.

-

Zayn

I still want to die sometimes.

In the hospital, they said I have depression.

At first, I thought they were wrong.