As Sam worked, Dean rolled onto his back and pressed his thumbs against the bridge of his nose. He could feel pressure building behind his eyes, warning him of an impending headache.

'This is just fan-fucking-tastic,' Dean thought to himself bitterly.

He tried opening his eyes again to squint at Sam in the kitchen, but when he did, the light in the room made his head hurt worse. Dean hoped that the painkillers kicked in soon. He couldn't live with this shit for a whole week. There had to be some way to end a period early. There was no way in hell that girls put up with this shit every month.

The longer that Dean was stuck in this female body, the more he missing being a guy. Things had been so much easier before. He had to admit that there were some upsides to being a woman –like squishy boobs he could grab when he wanted– but still, he'd go back to being a guy in a heartbeat. The sooner they could reverse this curse, the happier he –and everyone else– would be.

Resigned to keeping his eyes closed, Dean listened to Sam clambering around noisily in the kitchen. He tried to picture what Sam was doing so he could keep his mind busy. If he focused on the sounds, he could almost ignore the nagging pain in his head.

It wasn't long before Dean heard the telltale sound of coffee brewing. He knew that sound would soon be joined by the refreshing scent of caffeine in a cup. Dean loved the smell of coffee almost as much as he loved apple pie.

Dean's mouth began to water as he started to think about apple pie. He couldn't remember the last time he had eaten a really good apple pie. They had been working so many cases lately, that there really wasn't any time for him and Sam to do the good kind of grocery shopping. Everything had been gas station hot dogs and fast food joints.

Dean was pulled from his thoughts when asked, "Hey, so would you be up for another case anytime soon Dean?"

Dean opened his eyes and squinted at his brother. He tried to process the question as Sam handed him a steaming mug of coffee. Dean quickly sat up and accepted the drink, the mug's exterior already starting to warm in his cold hands.

As he took a sip of the dark black coffee, Sam's question finally sunk in. Dean lowered his mug quickly, and his eyes jumped up to lock with Sam's. Dean huffed in irritation and said, "Seriously? You're looking for a new case, already? Aren't we supposed to be figuring out how to change me back?"

Sam shrugged and mumbled, "Yeah, of course, Dean, but Cas said that this curse wouldn't be easy to break. We've been researching most of the night, but neither of us has found anything that could help."

"Your point?" Dean asked with arched eyebrows. "Last I checked, you doing research meant we're still on a case. As in, we haven't finished our current case yet, so we don't need a new one."

"I don't think you understand, Dean," Sam insisted. "We already took out the witches who were killing people. Your current situation isn't something that can be figured out in a day or two. We won't stop looking for a way to reverse the curse, but we still have to get out there and save people, Dean."

Dean mumbled dark curses under his breath, knowing Sam was right, but refusing to say it out loud. There were still people out there who needed protection from monsters and whose families were depending on him and Sam, but Dean just wasn't in the mood. He knew he shouldn't be putting his own shitty situation over the lives of people they could save. Dean just wished he could save these people in his normal body.

Dean huffed in frustration, giving in to his brother as he grumbled, "Is it even possible for chicks to even function when they're like this?"

"Yeah they do it all the time, Dean," Sam snickered with a small grin curving at the corner of his lips. "Do you think the world just stops when a girl in on their period?"