Chapter 7

A few days later, Kara and Lena had finally arrived at their destination. They had crossed a very dense forest, but thanks to the powers of the daughter of Hades, they had never been lost. Every night, Kara lit a small campfire by burning wood by summoning Lightning. The demi-goddesses complemented each other thanks to their powers and so arrived quickly at this small island of New Shoreham. Not wanting to go through the waves to travel from the coast to the island, afraid of Poseidon, Kara had to concentrate to fly without letting Lena fall from her arms to the peninsula. But the two half-goddesses were now back on earth and in the middle of the island they found an altar, well several, to the glory of the eight elementary Greek male gods. They looked at each other indecently, when suddenly Kara felt herself raised from the ground, she struggled but the gigantic hand held her tightly, Lena screamed her name and the giant with one eye laughed.

"We were waiting for you, half-blood."

"Who are you ?!" Lena shouted.

"My name is Magnus, son of Zeus and the nymph Thyia."

"What do you want ?!" Kara articulated as she could.

"You two, but especially you, daughter of Hades."

"What do you want from me ?"

"You will open a rift to the Tartarus, to free my brothers, I've been stuck on Earth alone for far too long, and I can't conquer the Olympus alone." explained the creature.

"It's you, isn't it? Fifteen years ago who killed my mother ?!" Hades' daughter got mad.

"Yes, I wanted to get you when you were little, but things didn't go as planned and this prophecy came so I decided to wait, now is the time when the real children of the gods will take the control! "

"Never, I will not let you do it, murderer!" Lena shouted, taking out her sword forged in Hell.

But the cyclops tightened his grip around Kara, who screamed in pain, Magnus laughed, knelt down and pulled his suffering half-sister closer to Lena's face.

"You don't open the fault Luthor, the blonde dies."

"No, don't hurt her, I beg you, don't do anything to her!"

"Then open this fault for gods' sake!" he said, clutching his grip.

"Lena, no! D-don't do that!" Kara articulated.

The daughter of Hades hesitated a few seconds, her blade in hand and Kara screaming in pain, she looked at Zeus' daughter in the eyes and threw her sword on the ground. Kara felt Magnus's hand loosen very slightly, she was able to take a relatively normal breath. The shadow girl's eyes became dark night, a dark aura began to form around her fists, Kara didn't have the time to shout to stop Magnus threw her on a tree, she sat down hardly against it and saw Lena slam her fist on the ground which opened the ground in two. Magnus approached the rift and uttered several words in ancient Greek. The earth began to shake, Lena ran as fast as she could to Kara who was holding her shoulder.

"Why did you open the rift?!"

"He was going to kill you Kara!"

Zeus' daughter didn't have time to retort that it did not matter that the earth stopped shaking, the two half-goddesses turned around and saw eight cyclops in front of them, armed and ready to kill them. Lena reached out to Kara, grabbed her and she helped her stand up, stared at the Cyclops and made them understand that they were as determined as they were. Kara pressed her watch, released her shield, took her dagger and turned it into a spear while Lena grabbed her little blade. They looked at each other one last time and then began charging, Lena caught up her sword that she had dropped earlier.

The battle began, eight against two, fortunately the cyclops did not attack them all at the same time and Kara had quickly killed the son of Dionysus. While fighting against the son of Hermes, she saw Lena travel through the shadows and then brust the eye of a cyclops and push him into the rift. Kara refocused on her fight and slammed her spear all over the belly of the creature that collapsed on the ground but directly the son of Apollo caught her off guard, she dodged the blows as she could but she concentrated on invoking Lightning, when she felt the heat of thunder running all over her body, she sent it on several cyclops that literally roasted on the spot. Her spear contained the electricity she had produced and she fired on the remaining four but Magnus managed to catch Lena and threw her into the rift. Kara screamed, approached the edge of the rift and saw the daughter of Hades falling into the void. At that moment, the scene went in slow motion for Kara, Lena was screaming, her eyes were filled with fear, her hair was floating in the air, the four cyclops were charging Kara when suddenly a huge black shadow appeared in front of her, Hades. It was then that Lightning fell in the same place, Zeus had just arrived on the battlefield.