Chapter 3

Kara clutched clumsily her sword but was determined to win this fight, but Zeus's daughter could see that Lena was also determined. They circled around each other, the guard high, no one attacked. When suddenly someone in the crowd shouted, fight! Kara tightened the handle of her sword and charged, but of course, Hades' daughter shield herself easily. Zeus' daughter tried several attacks in a row but impossible for her to penetrate Lena's defense. Kara realized that she was trying to tire her by just defending, she had to change her strategy. But she didn't had the time to think because Lena had disappeared leaving only a dark aura float in the air. Thanks to her developed senses, Kara could turn in time and shield herself from Lena, who had appeared in the same black aura just behind her. The daughter of Hades had gone into attack mode. Kara blocked as she could but Lena managed to touch and slightly hurt Kara. She felt the blood flowing from her baffled arm. Lena disarmed Zeus' daughter and the demi-goddess fell to the ground. The brunette held both swords in her hands, she had a small smirk that revealed her white teeth, she raised an eyebrow and before she could say anything, Kara caught a spear that was lying on the ground and attacked despite her injuries. The distance created by the spear favor Kara to managed to disarm Lena's hand, her remaining sword was trying to attack but Kara managed to block every shot. Lena step backwards under the assaults, Kara felt a slight excitement to gain the upper hand in the fight, she pricked Lena's shoulder which blew slightly. Her minimal wound compared to Kara's allowed her to see an opening when Zeus's daughter lowered her spear slightly worried about hurting Lena, and Lena broke the spear's neck, gave Kara a blow to knock down the spear, which was left of her weapon, pushed it with a kick. Kara, fallen on the ground avowed herself defeated, the group tightened around Hades' daughter to congratulate her. Bathing in the crowd Kara could not find the emerald eyes she liked so much and who fixed her during all the fight without ever staggering. Sam and Alex came to help the wounded and dragged her to the infirmary, despite her protest. They told her that her wounds were still deep and she had to get them treated quickly. Kara was a little upset to go to the infirmary the first day, but she did not really have the choice, she felt that her arm wound threw her hard.

The caregivers had recorded Kara lying in the infirmary until sunset, very unhappy with this news she decided to sleep a little to pass the time. Her dreams were full of fighting, which she won, but also armed cyclops attacking her and then some kind of giant got out of the ground caught a girl with raven hair ... Lena! Kara woke up with a start, soaked in sweat. She looked around her, the almost reclining sun allowed her to see, actually for real this time, the girl of her dream. But she was no longer in war gear but with an orange T-shirt from the Colony, jeans with a dagger as black as her hair around her waist. She approached shyly.

"I hope I didn't wake you up."

"No, not at all, don't worry," Kara said, straightening herself hard.

Lena ran to her to help her up.

"Easy!" she exclaimed.

"I'm fine, I'm almost painless." Kara cleared her throat, "Is your shoulder okay?"

"Yes, it's just a scratch." She smiled.

"What brings you here?" asked Zeus' daughter, intrigued.

"I wanted to see if you were okay, and I wanted to apologize for hurting you." she said looking at her feet.

"You don't have to apologize for that, most of the people here are there because you sent them in. I'm not the first and probably not the last one." laughed Kara who managed to make Lena laugh as well, a laugh so sweet and sincere.

"Anyway," she pulled out a small vial. "I brought you some nectar."

"What is nectar?"

"I almost forgot you were a new one." she laughed. "The nectar is the drink of the gods, it will heal your wounds and I will not tell you more, you'll see"

Lena handed the bottle to Kara. Zeus's daughter hesitated slightly but Lena's emerald eyes reassured her, so she grabbed the bottle. She carried the bottle to her lips and dripped the nectar, barely swallowed, she exclaimed.

"Oh my gods, but it's amazing!"

"Keep me some!" Lena smiled.

Kara passed the flask to Hades' daughter smiling, took a sip and then moved dangerously close to Kara who felt a slight panic when Lena was so close that she felt her breath on her face. When her fingers touched her warm skin, Zeus's daughter felt an electric shock run through her body, she raised her head and looked at her with her questioning blue eyes.

"Look." Lena said, removing the bandage from Kara's arm.

Zeus's daughter struggled to detach her eyes from the emerald-eyed girl, but she saw while lowering her eyes that her shoulder injury had completely disappeared. Impressed by the gods' drink, Kara thanked Lena as she looked down at hers. After a few minutes of silence, they were planted in front of each other, without knowing what to say, what to do. Kara smiled slightly.

"I'm taking you back to your bungalow?" Lena asked returning her smile.

As an answer, Kara followed the daughter of Hades, who advised her to speak softly because at night the Harpis were guarding the camp to prevent residents from getting out of their bungalows. Preferring not to be bitten Kara was silent and followed Lena who, in the darkness moved like daylight. When suddenly the girl of shadows stopped, she grabbed Kara's arm and they hid quickly behind a bush, Zeus' daughter had also heard steps and people to discuss. The two half-goddesses then listened.

"Chiron, we have to tell them about the prophecy" a familiar voice said.

"No, I don't want to send Lena and certainly not Kara to accomplish a ridiculous quest that will cause their loss!" exclaimed Chiron.

Kara and Lena then looked at each other, indecisive and intrigued. They were therefore bound by a prophecy ...